Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

See: Frank Quitely, Richard Corben, any artist that is actually good but is untypical of "comic book art".
I think Quitely is pretty "typical" (albeit better than average) until you get to the potato-heads, and I consider that more of a very focused ineptitude unlike Pope's specific style. I think rear end succeeds in large part due to excellent inking and coloring.

Cefte posted:

I've always felt that his characters often come across as very deliberately imperfect.
I like to think of them as images of people in motion, where things are slightly out of place because that's how the human body is. Almost like an anti-Ross.

Zachack fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Apr 12, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU