Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

demolition rickshaw
Mar 10, 2007

I NEED AVATARS. AVATARS OF HARDHAT SPIDER-MAN!

Shageletic posted:

I find myself being a big fan of Chris Samnee's work (Thor the Mighty Avenger and Ultimate Spider-man 154).

Samnee can do no wrong. His simplest sketches are fantastic.

I know this is basically the Chaykin Hate Thread at this point but gently caress

I also hold the apparently unpopular opinion on Deodato: I can't stand him lately. His stuff was starting to bother me in Dark Avengers (actually one of my favourite recent books despite this) but I just can't do it anymore. Salvador Larroca's interiors drive me nuts too.

I did however really dig Jefte Palo's work on Van Lente's Taskmaster:

I also loooove Sara Pichelli.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

demolition rickshaw
Mar 10, 2007

Breetai posted:

Astonishing X-men 38 is the worst thing.

That last panel...

Are you loving serious? This looks like a lovely webcomic.

demolition rickshaw
Mar 10, 2007

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Yeah I don't want to defend what is a pretty awful page of art, but I love Bobillo, and I love the facial expressions he draws on his characters. Even on that page, the guy in the upper right's face is great. And I like wolf-Beast in the other page posted. This is by far the worst I've seen him though. But at least he has his own style.

I was actually surprised to learn that it was him. He's not my favourite by any means but I did like his work on She-Hulk; it was lighthearted and fit the tone. I can recognize his style in this X-men page now, but it definitely doesn't seem up to his standard, and the cheap-looking inking and colouring does it no favours.

demolition rickshaw fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jun 5, 2011

demolition rickshaw
Mar 10, 2007

Kill me. http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=32907

demolition rickshaw
Mar 10, 2007

At least she looks like she has some muscle definition on her upper arm there. One of my pet peeves is She-Hulk(s) being drawn as tall, skinny models rather than, you know, a Hulk.

demolition rickshaw
Mar 10, 2007

I loved David Marquez's work on Ultimate Spider-man #9. The book has been consistently gorgeous from the start and if it's true that he and :allears:Pichelli:allears: are going to rotate arcs I will be ridiculously happy. Both are so wonderful with expressions.

demolition rickshaw
Mar 10, 2007

That page seems to get worse every time I look at it. Look at Psylocke and Spidey in the last panel. Ugh, I don't even want to bother reading the issue sitting on the coffee table.

edit: Oh man Iron Fist's proportions in the first panel

demolition rickshaw fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Apr 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

demolition rickshaw
Mar 10, 2007

This makes me a terrible person and I know we're just dogpiling on this at this point but I just couldn't let Iron Fist go because this is what I see: