Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Another sadly departed artist: Seth Fisher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The first and last have the titles in them, the middle two are Vertigo Pop: Tokyo, and Green Lantern: Willworld respectively.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Crisco Kid posted:

Jeremy Bastian, best known for his work in Cursed Pirate Girl.
Dude inks with a brush at PRINT SIZE holy loving shiiiiiiit

gently caress. FUUUUCK now I feel like everything I've done in my life is a waste compared to this.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Okay, I can see the top of a knee above that wing, let's try rebuilding that anatomy.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

phelps posted:

Reprint this stuff, Marvel.

From the Funny Panels thread. I love these!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Did you even click that link or did you just assume it would lead to Strong Female Characters again?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

On one hand, it's pretty horrific, but I do appreciate that they took the usual comic book cheesecake and turned it into something nightmare inducing, either by accident or design.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It'd be an absolutely perfect panel in a horror story, the only problem is that it's so mismatched with :swoon:Scott and Emma's blossoming love:swoon:. Its hilarious and I love it, editorial oversight, rushed production times, poor artists notes or whatever is responsible.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

I actually think that second picture might be Ron Lim. But I'll have to find my TPB to verify it.

Nah, Ron Lim finished off the series, but the first half was all Perez. :sigh: What a waste.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:cripes: I hope that wasnt a mandate because dc editorial decided that Alan Scott should now be gay. I dont even know what to say about Death God Solomon Grundy.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh man that's so dynamic and neat, the... WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR FACE?!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Tell me this is the first time you've seen that character. :haw:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I suppose we should be thankful whenever a good colourist does get work there. Animal Man looked great and isnt anywhere near the horrible mess that is.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I feel so unclean.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

An explanation of Injustice's terrible art.

Codependent Poster posted:

That was David Yardin with the panel everyone is talking about. Yardin is a really great artist, and it was the inker and coloring that messed that up. Bleeding Cool put up the digital colors compared to colors and inks that Yardin did himself for the print version.

Bad coloring can make an artist look really terrible.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Chaykin's art need a good colourist that understands what the hell they're doing. The horrible panels above are standard gradient colouring. Bad enough on its own, horrible here.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Because flying zombies.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well Land has to trace something.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Or is it Sputnik posted:

I thought that was okay? Red Sonja is being held by something (giant bird?), breaks loose, falls towards a house, crashing through the roof and onto some manly mans table. Not a fan of the T&A, but it looks like the dude knows anatomy.

That last panel. I call them biggie smalls.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's not often that I can say TERRY AUSTIN RUINED THIS! but...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That's a miniature sniper rifle isnt it? It's adorable. :3:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What if Age of Ultron was a good event? I'M IN!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Given that it's been on hiatus for years now, prob not.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Street Soldier posted:

You're all talking about Stokoe like he's gonna die soon, the dude isn't even 30 years old yet. There's plenty of time for Orc Stain.

Seth Fisher was also young. :smith:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wait, are you telling me that's NEW artwork?! Holy gently caress

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I just bought the issue and it's everything I dreamed it would be. :allears:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It bothers me more that the wording is upside down.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wait what. It looked like black Adam was helping then Superman just phantom zones him?!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ang Lee's Hulk :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That arm though.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well I guess it's okay, considering that he's drawing while dead.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its okay, death never lasts in superhero comics.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I thought you got banned from ever posting in BSS again.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Because rape fantasies obv.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The raw vacuum of space plays hell with your hair texture.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A proposed unpublished Elseworlds featuring Heroic Fantasy/Lovecraftian Green Lantern by Enrique Alcatena.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

E for Extinction is pretty great. Even Emma. Her look is completely ridiculous though and I love artists just loving around with that stupid half naked deal.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

On the plus side you didnt have to wait.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I think he's treading a line on how absolutely ridiculous it is. Yeah lets shove it on the front cover har har. :v:

Same kind of thing going on with the current Secret Wars E for Extinction:

I know it's ugly but its deliberately ugly and I love the gently caress out of it. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Unstable molecules have a lot to answer for.