Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Who was the feller who took over artwork on Punisher MAX for I think one or two issues and it was unbelievably bad? I can only imagine the sales numbers falling through the floor with a loud crunch :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

redbackground posted:

You mean Howard Chaykin on #50?

Aye, thats the one... After a quick google its not as terrible as I remember; I think it coming after a run of 49 really grim and gritty issues of artwork it was just a bit 'oh' at the time :o:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Man, I don't see how catwoman can be objectifying women there

:o:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Vanderdeath posted:

That map never fails to make me smile whenever I see it.

If you were a nerdy Lord-of-the-Rings readin' kid who drew fantasy maps and then aged them with a damp teabag and a lighter along the edges you'll be thinking 'poo poo, I coulda made a career out of it!!' :)

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Just Bob "Dobbs" Kane with some original Batman paintings...

From this LIFE photo story

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Waterhaul posted:

If Wolverine doesn't look like the last dude you want to gently caress with in a bar then the artist is doing their job wrong.

Was going to say he looks like one of the giant slabs of beef from 100 Bullets, but this post covers it :)

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I just lucked into this archive of cover scans from the old Brit comicbook Starblazer, there's some fantastic artworks inside (and a few duff ones) that are making me feel all nostalgic :)

https://plus.google.com/photos/114465960270072175545/albums/5659912859652586929

A lot of familiar names in the uk comic world got early gigs producing work for SB

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Mighten did some of the Accident Man and Brats Bizarre strips in the short-lived Toxic! magazine, and the style suited the strips at least. I like BB especially for how 80's he drew the characters in suits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I'M A SHIELD OF HOPE!!

:cool: