Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

the George Washington of breadfucking

I have not seen a perfect storm of lovely artist on this scale since Leifeld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

Everything nova... everything.

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

Choco1980 posted:

I love how he draws costumes. Instead of custom-tailored skin-tight spandex, his heroes wear stuff that, you know, someone would wear. Especially that Daredevil one with the sweats and the training gloves.

The Wolverine costume in that sketch is far and away the best version I've seen. Dig that bare-knuckle Canadian luchador take. The cowboy boots with the raised heel are a nice nod to the character too.

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

a kitten posted:

A friend of mine was posting about how his kid wanted to have lego Spider-man marry lego Venom and said he was against it because heroes shouldn't marry villains. I couldn't remember if Venom was still a bad guy, or had maybe reformed so I was googling around and...

DEAR GOD :stonk:

Who could look at that and think "drat that's a fine Venom(ette)"?

in mah V-boi Stance

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

He's like crumb in using a creepy self insert to play out his fantasies, he's unlike him in that his fantasies are not remotely interesting and he is not immensely talented.

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Just found the new Batwoman is partially told in double page spreads of Francis Manapul art and rushed to this thread screencappin'.

I was not familiar with Manapul before, but these pages alone have sold me.
Is he usually this solid?

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

one foot has the big toe on the wrong end though, so there is a chance.

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

thanks for sharing the Foxhole covers. the bandaged soldier is amazing.

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

it seems like there are more and more brazen hacks in the biz

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

JediTalentAgent posted:

That one at least looks a lot different, I feel, to the original image. The face, muscles, etc. feel more like he used a pose as reference.

This is one thing that I never really got: At what point is photo referencing okay and at what point is it wrong? I'm not saying 'tracing' but more along the lines of, "I'm using a picture to base a rough figure/layout around, figure out lighting, fabric folds, etc. and now I'm putting the picture away and making something totally different off of it."

you can tell very quickly who puts in the effort to use references properly and who brazenly pastes in photos of celebrities, does a quick trace, and calls it artwork.
you'd need some talent and effort to paint like Alex Ross but any rear end in a top hat with photoshop and a few minutes can be like Land.

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

This is awful on so many levels.

guy waits for his wife and kids to fall asleep and then looks at this poo poo https://www.google.ca/search?q=Luis...w=1920&bih=1101 and listens to tool.

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

I've been thinning out my comic collection and thought you'd might like this:

maybe they were trying for a Sam Keith thing

or maybe one of wolverine's lesser known powers is to get one big popeye arm whenever venom is nearby

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah the Joker's Daughter has been a character that has never quite worked

Harley Quinn is pretty much the same idea done better anyway

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

grim and gritty overdone that way always comes off as embarrasing.

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

you make a good point but it is also having great art right next to horrible poo poo to better contrast the merits of both.

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

This is actually amazing. I like how Noah looks nothing like the movie version the poster is for.
Actually the longer I look at it the better it gets.
Wolves are little grey tigers right?
Polar bears are just angry white gorillas right?
What is the snake hanging from?
Why is the ostrich so disgusted?
great art As many questions as it answers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

Rotten Red Rod posted:

My favorite is the Ostrich. It looks like a sock puppet made of flesh.

thank GOD E.T. made it on the boat.