Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Teenage Fansub posted:

Detective Comics #35

Art by John Paul Leon and Dave Stewart

JP Leon is one of the best artists working and has been for a long, long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Teenage Fansub posted:

The first three pages from Multiversity: Pax Americana by Frank Quitely.

This spread was also nifty. Told in three time periods.

Jesus.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Dick Trauma posted:

Why did Ant-Man jump out of a space capsule and shoot the President through the mouth? And why did it all happen in reverse?

Good comic, unlike the bad ones you're used to seeing.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

thespaceinvader posted:

Is that Xavier or Luthor?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah his work at the turn of the century was a lot easier to complain about, but he's easily proven himself three times over as a master at his craft and if you don't like his faces well it's really your loss.

Even in that picture with barely any details, he manages to convey scale, something many comics artists don't even bother with.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

JacquelineDempsey posted:

So am I the only one digging the Annie Wu "Black Canary"? Everyone seems to complain about DC house style (which I totally get and agree with), so on a whim I bought it cause I like Canary and thought the cover was pretty bitchin change of pace, and I like to support my fellow women artists.

Nice mix of an indie comic style with traditional flat colors, the interiors are more of the same. Hoping DC picks up more stuff like this.

Chloe Sevigny as Black Canary is a great idea.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

SynthOrange posted:

A proposed unpublished Elseworlds featuring Heroic Fantasy/Lovecraftian Green Lantern by Enrique Alcatena.

This looks way cooler than whatever the GL stuff is now.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

That's honestly pretty cool, looks like Paul Pope's Batman Year 100.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Lurdiak posted:

The most frustrating thing about Jim Lee designing costumes is the odd idea that being a good artist automatically means you're a good costume designer.

Jim Lee isn't a good artist.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Rhyno posted:

US War Machine had a funish story. And Worldwatch will never not be hilariously terrible.

Honestly the entire appeal of US War Machine was what it represented, and not the art or the writing. Fun experiment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Wheat Loaf posted:

That's the only Marvel work Geoff Johns ever did and it always manages to be completely overlooked.

Probably because it was really poor.