Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Notadoctor
Aug 26, 2008

funtax posted:

Echoing Stokoe:

Holy poo poo! Galactus has always looked really goofy to me. I always thought he was an effective villain and his design definitely made him imposing, but he just looked...well...silly. This guy actually made him look cool while keeping the original design! D: this is loving awesome!

Also as for best, I can't believe I haven't seen Alex Ross here yet:

Dave McKean gets the prize for probably the scariest drawings of the joker I've ever seen:

Also Adi Granov's stuff is beautiful:

worst:

Lary Stroman. Wow. At first glance this doesn't look so terrible. I mean the back looks hosed up but it doesn't seem too bad, just some weird stylized art. But then you look again and start to see just how awful everything here is. The faces are hosed up, the postures are weird, their eyes don't exist...I poo poo you not I see something new that sucks about this thing every single time I look at it.

Deitric Smith. I cannot stop laughing at this hair. I mean look at it!

Also I don't know who drew this, but this poor woman! Her back is about to snap in two!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Notadoctor
Aug 26, 2008

Roydrowsy posted:

Also, I don't totally understand why, but I cannot stand Todd Nauck's work. There is nothing about it that is particularly awful, its just lots of little stuff that adds up. Mainly it is his faces, Those jagged, sharp-edged faces.

clone saga redux

official page

There is no depth to most of the stuff he does, no real life. They look like drawings and don't convey much along the lines of action. Which is a shame, because from what I've read about him, he's actually a really cool dude.

Yeah he's the kind of thing i think of when I think "generic superhero art." It's just very bland. Also the colorist completely ruins it. Everything is very warm and there are a ton of lens-flares. It kinda just blends together.

edit: Ashley Wood did a really cool run on the Metal Gear comics:

I feel like she did a really good job of conveying sneaking around in the dead of winter takin out bad guys

edit 2 for grammar

Dr. Notadoctor fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Nov 20, 2011

Dr. Notadoctor
Aug 26, 2008

SkellingTon Loc posted:

Not a good storyteller imo, but he's a great artist.

Yeah I'd agree with that. His art is incredibly gestural and energetic...which results in his images being hard to decipher sometimes. Also I did not know he was a guy. Whoops.