Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Who drew that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
They really, really need to put Infinity Gauntlet out in Omnibus form. Goddamn.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

I Before E posted:

Stephen Harper, Prime Minister Of Canada. From what I've heard, he's real.

Only in the loosest sense of the term.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm suprised you didn't include the Flash cover where Captain Cold is directly talking to the reader about how he'd like tot ell you what he did to the Flash, but they wouldn't let him and there's a big CENSORED sign. It's pretty creative.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Some of Skottie Young's covers have resembled Sienkiewicz's style, but he's pretty drat unique.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The one with Howard The Duck and Machine Man is fun, and yeah, the original one is amusing.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mister Roboto posted:

"Idiot boy" sounds kind of juvenile for an immortal personification.

What do you expect from somebody who's hot for Deadpool?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
He's on the Liefeld Workout Plan. Note: Please consult podiatrist before trying plan. Results may vary.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Waterhaul posted:

Political Power is coming in late to try and steal cover of the year :v:

As drawn by Herman Cain, apparently.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Die Laughing posted:

After seeing that Native American story in that Daredevil issue with Wolverine and Echo, seeing it blurted out in one panel just looks lazy.

DC Comics: Always willing to lazily redo Marvel's cool poo poo.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Teenage Fansub posted:

Just found the new Batwoman is partially told in double page spreads of Francis Manapul art and rushed to this thread screencappin'.

Wow.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I kinda wanna read the New A-Holes, featuring World Heavyweight Champion Drunk Panda.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I actually didn't realize that the Red Ranger was native american.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mister Kingdom posted:

I found some interesting covers from Detective Comics:

Great Art Deco skylines:

Love the expression on Batman's face

Can somebody take the one where Bats is just swinging across the city remove the text, and turn it into a wallpaper?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jedit posted:

The best Frazer Irving work is his covers for Bedlam, the short lived Image series about a man who is basically the Joker cured by experimental brain surgery.

Is the story anywhere close to the quality of covers? I mean I'd imagine not given Nick Spencer's spottiness as a writer. I do like the premise.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

Pretty sure it wasn't much more than he ran into him at a con.

Steranko said in his verison of the story that Kane got a little too familiar with him, was super condescending, and Steranko already disliked him due to Kane's rep as a credit stealer and all-round cockwhistle.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I actually respect Trimpe's attitude despite the less than stellar results. It's cool of him roll with the new rather than just poo poo on it because it's convenient.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lightning Lord posted:

I hope Chaykin's stub arms period is just forgotten about. A novelty to bring up as a joke. "Oh poo poo yeah, I forgot Chaykin was drawing Wolverine like a morlock then!" It's pretty much monthly hackery anyway, so who really cares? Nothing of value was really lost.

That reminds me, Liefeld along with the rest of the original Image crew helped eliminate the "Jack the Hack" stigma that had been plaguing Kirby since the 70s. It's clear that he was one of their top artistic inspirations, they loved him and they frequently said so. I don't think they get enough credit for that.

.....people disliked Jack Kirby? Were they high?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Poor Batman was part of the concept of Aronofsky's Year One movie.

I read the proposal for that whole thing. It was, uh, interesting.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

That's Ryan Kinnaird and yes he sucks real bad. It's shameful he got paid money for that comic.

http://ryankinnaird.deviantart.com/

Would you prefer he be paid in lutefisk?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
What did people make of the hardcover(s?) that colored in the Mirage TMNT?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

haitfais posted:

Who's underrating Walt Simonson? I will fight them. The man's a legend.

Greg Land fans, probably. They must exist somewhere.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

zoux posted:

What's that from?

Adventures in Babysitting.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Wheat Loaf posted:

I believe there was a falling-out with the USA network - Jeff Goldblum was cast to replace him for a couple of seasons and USA ran ads with the slogan "It's better with Goldblum" for the duration (D'Onofrio and Kathryn Erbe came back for the final two seasons).

D'Onofrio as Goren was a pretty good Sherlock Holmes adaptation, but Criminal Intent itself was the weird L&O series that went on for years and years and years but never felt like a big deal the way the original one or SVU did.

I loved the show until the storyline where it's revealed Goren's the son of a serial killer, it felt so contrived and dumb, and I watch L&O accepting a certain level of that sort of thing . But I love D'Onofrio, I think he's supes underrated and I also enjoy that Eric Bogosian joins the show eventually. I always thought Bogosian would make a good Ben Urich.

Rhyno posted:

Ha! I just dumped this entire series into the junk bins.

How bad we talkin'?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
There was a guest artist who did one of those faux retro issues of Deadpool, and it took place in the 60's. He aped Kirby nicely, imo.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

haitfais posted:

Jordie Bellaire could do it.

That was the guy who did the Deadpool issue! It was good.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dang, I didn't know.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Kurt Busiek loving rules. I'd love for him to replace Slott as the ASM writer.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Every time I see Wayne now I can only think of Ryan Stiles' hillariously intentionally terrible impression of him on Whose Line

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Teenage Fansub posted:

Stealing from the DC thread, the cover for the just announced Lex Luthor/Porky Pig crossover one-shot.

Sweet jesus that's horrifying

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Plus, when was the last time you took a swing at a guy holding a torch?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Action Jacktion posted:

Forget the hair, why is she orange? It isn't a bad depiction of Asians because in the second picture the other Asians don't look like that.

Anyway, she was blonde when she first appeared. She changed it to purple as part of her modelling career, in a story actually written by Alan Moore. Later her hair just became permanently purple.

I think it's supposed to be a tan?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

im calling the police

Granos doesn't post here

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CannonFodder posted:

He writes in Lizard People for every contest and he always votes.

Don't blame him, he voted for Kang and Kodos?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Jason Aaron's Wolverine is very good.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/CoolComicArt/status/1026255938666127360

I've decided that Mignola is my #1 favorite artist

Yeah. I have an issue of Wizard sitting around my bathroom that has a short article where he sketches some of his favorite big two characters. One of the sketches is of Etrigan and it's really damned good. Etrigan's one of my favorite characters.

Gavok had a thing where he'd take around a sketchbook and have people sketch Venom with a prop of the artists' choice, I'd love to do that but with Etrigan.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 6, 2018

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Zombie Dachshund posted:

Davis really has a good feel for eccentricity, which fits the book’s vibe. Agreed about Claremont losing steam- I can see what he was going for in that arc but teenagers in cheerleader miniskirts are really cringey- almost as cringey as Claremont’s attempt to write Ebonics in the same issue.

Any time someone brings up white comic writers trying to write ebonics it reminds me of the yancy street guys trying to rap for Ben Grimm in tribute to everything he's done.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sporklift posted:

Free pile someone left at work.

I wonder how many Vampirella covers feature her in this pose?

Vampirella looooong.

If you flashed one of those blacklights they use on hotel rooms on 20/20 to expose their lack of cleanliness, you could probably see those from space.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Visually it looks amazing, how is the new Sandman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I assume the Dreaming is the Daniel focused one, right?