Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

EthanEde posted:

Greg Horn is so terrible, that catwoman is terrible in every way. And then there is this

All of the men's facial expressions are so over referenced they don't even appear real, then you keep scrolling down the image and oh god I now feel terrible that I even have a penis.

Stuff like that makes me cherish the times Amanda Conner draws Powergirl. Conner does plenty of cheesecake but its not even in the same galaxy as crap like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Internet Wizard posted:

At first I thought you were being sarcastic and I thought this post was funny but then I realized it wasn't a joke and you should feel bad because everybody uses acronyms/abbreviations in real life.

Also, I hate JRJr's art for the most part. Seriously, this is hideous:

This is cover art for the LEGO Avengers game isn't it? Look at those block heads.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Alhazred posted:

I like this cover by Steve Rude:

That little black cat knows whats up.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Waterhaul posted:

It's tough to get a good image with her helmet up.

Wow, that looks awesome. I might have to scrap up some cash and start reading that series.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Well, I was thinking more of things like this:

Since the start of the N52 his art has going to poo poo.

Wow, that really is a horrible downturn when you compare that Wonder Woman to the Nightwing/Barbara page.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Has Dido ever gone on record on the DC Animated Universe such as Justice League. It seems like a lot of what made the cartoons enjoyable is what DC is running away from or actively burying. I know I grew up with a lot of people who see Wally West as the Flash and Jon Stewart as the Green Lantern because of Justice League. And when you say Lex Luthor chances are people hear Clancy Brown in their heads.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Teenage Fansub posted:

Just found the new Batwoman is partially told in double page spreads of Francis Manapul art and rushed to this thread screencappin'.

It's nice to see the book still getting nice art given the whole dust up that happen.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Madkal posted:

I feel DC gets a bad rap but when you look at the stuff Manapul, Foreman, Sorrentino, Cappulo, Jae Lee etc put out it really isn't that bad.

They seem less strike about it then in the beginning of Nu52 at least. Maybe they heard enough of the backlash to let their talent breath.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

TwoPair posted:

A lot of people really love Jae Lee's art so this might be heresy but I really hate it. So have a doofy looking Power Girl he drew from Batman/Superman #9:

Also from the same crossover, in World's Finest #21, Superman, what's wrong with your faaaace?

Superman as played by Peter Dinklage.

Also yeah that Jae Lee art there is just not doing it for me. But it is certainly not some generic 90's style either so I appreciate that.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Shitshow posted:

Marvel is releasing re-mastered versions of the original Star Wars trilogy comics, and they're a bloody travesty: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/04..._medium=twitter

They probably want to appeal to new readers who aren't used to the old coloring styles.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

eminkey2003 posted:

Would anyone else read a thread about good/bad comic writing? I don't know much about writing, but I have some ideas.

As for art, I think the Flex Mentallo recoloring is more tasteful, but it sucks the fun out of the original:

I'm normally not on the recoloring rage bandwagon but that really is sad to take all the color away from.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Wendell posted:

Yeah, let's just ignore that Storm has the same proportions.

The black and yellow having a tapering effect isn't helping but Storms hips are wider than Cyclops yet the waist isn't even half as wide. :minnie:

Also are those pouches on Emma's platform combat boots?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

The Marvel Hip Hop covers all work surprisingly well and it's a really cool crossover thing. I recently saw Ice Cube tweeting about a couple of them.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Rhyno posted:

The only bad part is the order ratios and how many base covers we were required to order them. They did adjust them retroactively but it's still kind of lovely considering the demand for them.

I wonder if they'll make an art book of them down the road.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Red Bones posted:

This is pretty relevant to the current discussion, on how the issue with Frank Miller's current work is that a lot of the colourists he gets are approaching his inks in the wrong way. It looks a lot better in flats, because it's much to abstract to work well if you try and shade it softly and realistically.

The only ink that can save those is one bucket of black ink over the entire page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

A tasteful retelling of the origins of a strong, dignified female warrior, capped off with the bequeathing of the hallowed Star Spangled Panties.

Life is too short for underwear that isn't fabulous.