Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Solvalou posted:

Seriously? Four pages and no mention of Moebius?

Wow, I really love the way he expresses motion and action. Its almost like looking at a Ghibli work in print form. Actually, scratch the almost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Lurdiak posted:

That's good art and all but it still kinda looks like it should be on the side of a fighter plane.

As an aesthetic, I think it works. Zatanna has a pretty cheesecake-y character design, so making her comic look like that all over works.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Falstaff posted:

Liefeld is also fairly famous for stealing the work of other artists. It was something of a controversy, back in the day.

My vote still goes to Land, though, if only because he's still actively harmful whereas Liefeld is pretty much a thing of the past. If he came out of retirement, I might have to reconsider my opinion.

Liefeld is, by all accounts, a decent human being in person. I've never heard a thing, good or bad, about Land.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This is the short version? :stare:

Look, the Silver Age didn't have time for your super-decompressed storytelling. If you weren't introducing ten new ideas and plot points a page, you didn't get to write comic books!

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Fish Of Doom posted:

What in the gently caress? Everything looks like some form of awful gorilla.

Oh, poo poo! They're bringing back gorilla covers!

When was the last legit gorilla cover anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Rhyno posted:

And he'll gladly tell you that he perfected it.

Is there a summary of Byrne being a dick somewhere I can read?