Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."
I think Scott *could* be absolutely fantastic, but he just needs to find the right balance between the hyper-expressive graffiti style and, well, telling a loving story. He's a less disciplined Chris Bachalo. He did some AMAZING work on Batgirl before he started experimenting off the rails, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

EthanEde posted:

seriously. Parlov is the clearest story teller, and the best composer of any of the artists that worked on Punish Max. I wish every issue would have been done by him.

The fact that he's currently embroiled in loving stupid vampire dracula poo poo makes me so frustrated, Parlov is SO GOOD.

d00gZ fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Apr 6, 2011

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Let's turn this around. Found on the Site That Will Not Be Named.

Daredevil #1. Paolo Rivera.

Hold on to your hats.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

bairfanx posted:

That's kind of an impractical pose, considering that he can't see through his baton (escrima stick?).

I want you to think about that statement, and the character in question, for just ten seconds.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Quantify! posted:

I alternate between wondering how people got a job in the industry and why people with so much talent choose to work in the industry. You'd think "love of comics" but then they work on awful franchise stuff. X-Men shouldn't be worked on by geniuses, leave it to the hacks. Even if you want to write superhero junk, write your OWN superhero junk. Invincible is the best superhero book on the market because it never becomes derivative.

Invincible is pretty loving derivative. It's a dark twist on the Superman myth, combined with some Spider-Man, and the first few volumes have endless callouts to DC/Marvel superhero comics, from Watchmen to No Man's Land. New Gods was original. Invincible is not.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Thanks, Let's Be Friends Again.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Rhyno posted:

I totally agree with you. That stuff hurts my brain when I look at it.

That's a pretty brutal Stephen Gammell wannabe.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Green Arrow #7. Harvey Tolibao. What in the gently caress.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Heresiarch posted:

Is this... John Romita, Jr? It looks kinda like his stuff, only if somebody else inked it really badly.

You can thank Scott Hanna. Why they had anyone other than Klaus Janson ink Romita in any situation, I will never understand.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Uh. Let me see if I follow his logic:
"An actual super-villain tried to kill me, but Captain America saved me! Samuel L. Jackson in an eyepatch wanted to put me into protective custody, but I said 'no' by way of loving up six of his boys. Wanna help me kill a guy?"

Is that about right?

No, it's stupider than that -- the guy speaking IS Samuel L. Jackson with an eyepatch, the son of White Nick Fury. He does not know he is Nick Fury Jr. yet. S.H.I.E.L.D. is run by Quake and Maria Hill now.

Also, the dude with a beard is Agent Coulson.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Am I seriously reading people making GBS threads on Nick Dragotta? I'm pretty sure he makes Black Bolt's face emotive because the dude DOESN'T loving SPEAK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Teenage Fansub posted:

I can't hate him just because he gave the batsuit back it's yellow oval emblem.

Stupid Jim Lee.

That wasn't Jim Lee who undid it; Batman had a big black bat all the way through Brubaker and Rucka's runs from the end of No Man's Land.