Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

Pacra posted:

I dunno, I can see the reasoning behind "Can only draw one face"

The Authority was one of the comics a friend introduced to me that got me back into comics. The art changes have always seemed horrible and I agree completely with the "one face."

I almost couldn't believe it when this artistic change happened in the middle of an arc.

The Boys #12 Illustrated by: Darick Roberston

Dark and moody, I like this art with the series

The Boys #13 Illustrated by: Peter Snejbjerg

All I could think of were Muppets. Cartoony and completely opposite the grittier earlier style. Almost ruined the comic in my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose
One could get lost in those eyes

This thread reminded me of something I posted in a "Funny Panels" thread awhile ago and I had to dig it up. Unfortunately I cannot for the life of me remember what it is from. It's obviously Marvel from the J.J. reference but other than that I do not recognize it all

The guys hair, forehead, and eyes are simply horrible. The girls arms creep me out. It's painful on my eyes possibly due to the lack of perspective (or multiple ones).

I am not an artist by any means and when I look at something like a comic and think "with very little effort I believe I could draw better than that" then I lose all respect.

HAmbONE fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Apr 13, 2011

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose

Internet Wizard posted:

Guns firing or ejecting intact cartridges is practically a comic book staple at this point. I can understand Being off with designs because of unfamiliarity, or crazy outlandish gun designs, but the bullets thing is pretty terrible. It's really the simplest thing about a gun, a cartridge goes in, bullet goes out.

Then a real artist comes along who has the balls to completely change how bullets are fired from guns.

edit: horrible sentence

HAmbONE fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jun 3, 2012

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose
My photobucket account, which I had forgotten about until, yields more bad art. Sorry for the lack of issue, series, etc. but I'm not sure where I got these.

Something to do with Spider-man and a face melt ray?

Have you ever pressed your chin into somebodies shoulder really hard? That's the face you make.

Blue comic ink 50% off

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose

bobkatt013 posted:

No this is like Marvels -1 event. It takes place before issue one of the 52 reboot. Every single DC title is getting one.

I used to be a big Stormwatch and Authority fan which are the two series that got me back into comics as an adult. I'm not a big comics "follower" though; i don't preorder, I don't know ship dates, and anything about artists/writers I have learned from you guys.

Someone please post Midnighters new look/costume. I have the Stormwatch reboot collection and I will not be buying the next one (I also don't have a scanner)

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose

Wendell posted:

Uncle Daddy is the greatest character in comics.

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose

ImpAtom posted:

He knows what happens when he does that.

From a few pages back......wasn't there someone else whole who copied District 9 weapon design as well?

Only registered members can see post attachments!