Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

Mister Roboto posted:

You know whose art is so weird? Chaykins. It goes from complete crap to somewhat passable back to crap with each page. It's clear he HAD talent at some point, but he's 60 years old now and his lack of detail is showing...

Chaykin's art basically ruins comics for me. I dropped Punisher: War Journal because I couldn't get past the art, and I've been skimming past his pages in the last few New Avengers issues.

I think my main problem with his art isn't the pencils, but rather the coloring. Everything looks so drat shiny and plasticky. The bottom two examples you posted actually look good in black & white and more traditional colors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

demolition rickshaw posted:

I also hold the apparently unpopular opinion on Deodato: I can't stand him lately. His stuff was starting to bother me in Dark Avengers (actually one of my favourite recent books despite this) but I just can't do it anymore.

I agree with you on Deodato. What bothers me with his stuff is that he seems to trace over pictures of Poser models. He doesn't seem to do it as often as of late, but some of the earlier issues of Dark Avengers are rife with them. He does a better job of it than Kyle Baker, but it still pulls me out of the story when I notice it.