Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I hope no-one will mind if I post a bit of Albert Uderzo, who I think is one of the most whimsical artists I've ever seen and seriously just look at that massive cast. Go on, try and find some matching faces.

Nilbop fucked around with this message at 04:13 on May 8, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

redbackground posted:

and the best 8 panels of all time:

loving chills, man.

Anyone who doesn't own that book is a damned fool.

I love the sense of Surfer falling here and Galactus' dialogue but what is going on with the city below him?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Amidst all this talk of Kirby and Steranko, I'd feel like a jerk if I didn't bring up Tom Scioli. The guy is a huge Kirby fan, and it's incredibly obvious in his art. Rather than just imitating the King's style, though, he uses it as a basis for his own ever-evolving style, and does a lot of experimentation. He's easily one of my favorite modern artists.

I tried to buy the original art of that Two-Tank-Omen page but he wants to hold onto it.

He's also an excellent visual storyteller, and a solid writer with a great sense of humor. His website has the complete American Barbarian series on it, and he's currently in the middle of Final Frontier, a very obvious and charming Fantastic Four/early Marvel tribute story. I strongly recommend checking it and his other work out.

Oh my God, an Egyptian Pharaoh-tank-God called Two-tank-omen. How did that slip by the Nextwave guys? That is loving incredible.