Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

From the latest New Avengers, I think someone broke Chaykin's hand and he was still determined to make the deadline. Look at this poo poo.

Weapon Plus decided to remove Steve Rogers' forearm completely, then linked his wrist to where his elbow should be. They also cut his arm in half and badly reattached it. His pinky was cut in half too, but they forgot to fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Munchface enjoys Storm's scrunchface.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Back in 1997, WWF tried to do this comic called Krozor that didn't go farther than the prologue (an insert in WWF Magazine). This art is by Wayne J. Meyer.

That's supposed to be the Undertaker.

I have a full review here.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

They're rereleasing Marvel Superheroes and Marvel vs. Capcom 1 for Xbox 360 and they got Whilce Portacio to do the art.

He put this together.

Yikes. Gambit jumps like he's standing. And who is Chun-Li kicking at?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Crowetron posted:

I like how it looks like Ryu and Wolverine are about to have their standard MvC fight, and Venom just so goddamn excited about it he/they can't help him/themselves. :3:

Also MegaMan can fly now, I guess?

Maybe he killed Vision?

Here's something to think about : what is Spider-Man swinging from?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Mister Roboto posted:

I'd like to think of myself as one of the biggest SF fans, especially when it comes to trivia and obscure characters, so I recognize EVERY single character there including the Final Fight mooks and the backstory-only characters like Zeku.

Except for one guy.

I know I should, too, but I can't place him: the dude with the metal left eye. Looks like Kano from Mortal Kombat, and he appears three times, once in a fireman uniform, once in a hoodie on the right and (I think) in a robe behind Ken in the middle.

What's he from?

That's the Shadaloo Cyborg. He appears in those forms during the Street Fighter II anime. They turned that movie into a game for Playstation called Street Fighter II: The Interactive Game. In it, you simply watched the entire movie while taking pictures at certain points and with the ability to read files on characters and locations. The more correct pictures you take, the stronger the Cyborg becomes. Then at the end, you're placed in a fight with Ryu and it FINALLY becomes an actual game. If you lose, it plays the ending of the movie. If you win, Bison prepares mass production of these guys and Ryu shows up to put an end to it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Yep.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

WWE Superstars is drawn by a guy named Puste who is so bad that I was able to make a top 10 list out of a single issue.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

bobkatt013 posted:

Speedforce.

The very hypothetical idea of Brock Lesnar having control over the Speedforce is going to keep me up at night because we'd all be so hosed.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

TwoPair posted:

Holy poo poo. I think... I think I have to start reading this comic...

It's... very special. It's co-written by Mick Foley, but each four issues is its own thing.

The first arc is about reimagining all the wrestlers as crime noir characters. Randy Orton is a mobster trying to become district attorney, John Cena is a cop who just got out of prison after being convicted of a crime he didn't commit, CM Punk and Daniel Bryan are anarchists trying to take down the system, the Shield as corrupt cops, etc. The gimmick gets old by the third issue, there are way too many characters and the art suddenly gets terrible during the last issue (the artist from most of the above images fills in for several pages), but it's not the worst.

The second arc is the worst. That artist takes over for a story about Bryan, Punk and Mysterio having destroyed the backstage area and having no memory of their actions. They have two hours to uncover the mystery or they'll be fired. Might have been okay if it wasn't for some of the laziest art I've ever seen.

They're one issue into the new storyline, which has MUCH better art (not perfect, but really fitting for the story being told), is about some mysterious force capturing wrestlers from different points in history and forcing them to fight it out for the sake of entertainment. Daniel Bryan and 1986 Roddy Piper sneak away and try to figure out what's going on. The issue features Hulk Hogan and Steve Austin teaming up to fight robot pirates, so it has that going for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

bobkatt013 posted:

Daniel Bryan is going to get a coconut to the head, and I can not wait.

The two got attacked by the Wild Samoans and Piper smashed one in the head with a coconut. "That trick always works!"

They also found some wrestlers kept in stasis tubes and Piper exclaimed, "They live!"