Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feelz good man
Jan 21, 2007

deal with it

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Is there an affordable solution for someone with an electric range to be able to wok properly at home?
http://www.amazon.com/Bayou-Classic-SP1-Jet-Cooker/dp/B0002913MI/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I3DN7IYRSG2331&colid=1GYU5MXZ3VIO1

$35 and free shipping with Prime. This one is rated at 185,000BTU, so it should be good in theory for wok cookery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feelz good man
Jan 21, 2007

deal with it
Here to save this thread from the downward spiral of soy sauce argument douchebaggery is

La Rou Fan

1 cup rice
6 1/2" chinese bacon
1/2 Tbs light soy
1 cup water
Sliced green onions for garnish

Optionally you can throw in shiitake mushrooms or chopped up baby bok choy. Both make tasty additions.

Prepare rice like you normally would. The fat will seep down and create a crispy, porky crust on the bottom and will flavour the entire dish. This is a simple but tasty way to try out chinese bacon if you've never had it before! I threw mine in a rice cooker because I'm lazy.

Brainfart, right sounded like rice to me at around midnight

feelz good man fucked around with this message at 02:27 on May 3, 2011

feelz good man
Jan 21, 2007

deal with it

Aero737 posted:

Obviously you've never heard of Chinese nationalism, nor the opinions of northern Chinese vs southern Chinese, and probably never read a Chinese blog/message board/chat room ever.
:hchatter:

feelz good man
Jan 21, 2007

deal with it

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Are there any cookbooks for Chinese-American stuff? I sometimes want some of the classics and the restaurants where I live are pretty lovely...
Any Cantonese cookbook from the 1970's.