Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorfob
Feb 10, 2007

Jose posted:

I'm curious, check for what exactly? I mean now I'm of the view if its meat I'll try it unless its something like rat. Is it something like rat?

He means to check which ones popular with the locals. Locals know what's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorfob
Feb 10, 2007

Save me jeebus posted:

I used this recipe:

http://rasamalaysia.com/three-cups-chicken-recipe/2/

But I braised it for more like 45 minutes in a heavy pot, to get all that lovely magic happening with the collagen in the drumsticks. Just check the moisture level once in a while and throw in some water or stock if it gets too dry. Add green onion pancakes and you'll think you died and went to heaven.

When that recipe says "Heat up a claypot on high heat and add the dark sesame oil" does that mean they are adding it to the hot clay pot and then cooking in the pot? Or just "heat up a pot" and cook everything else in a wok?

I suck at this.

Gorfob
Feb 10, 2007

Save me jeebus posted:

First jiaozi attempt:

IMG_3426 by WestslopeBruin, on Flickr
Filling was minced shrimp, scallion, ginger, garlic, and a little cilantro.

Also I bought some Angry Lady chili crisp and I want to eat it on everything I eat for the rest of my life.

Good god. They looks delicious. Post process photos please.