Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007

Frosted Ambassador posted:

Has anyone had experience with Land of Plenty

Buy this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007
The "prickly ash" stuff they sell in Chinese stores is usually crap, full of seeds and barely numbing at all. It's worth getting some from a decent place like Penzey's or The Spice House.

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007

indoflaven posted:

I realized today there is just no reason for me to make some stuff myself. There is no way I could make a huge mound of chicken/shrimp/pork lo mein for $7.

Huge mounds of lo mein: The only authentic Chinese food ever.

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007

I like turtles posted:

I feel like this about my favorite thai dish, som tum, the green papaya salad. The dressing for it seems to a gigantic pain in the rear end to put together, in terms of finding ingredients, and I can get a good sized plate of it from the place down the street for $6.

Som tam is incredibly easy to make. All it involves is mashing a bunch of ingredients to varying degres in the same mortar and pestle, then seasoning with sugar, tamarind water, lime juice, and fish sauce.

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007
Sichuan hot pot

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007
Cong.

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007
Sure, just add liquid and keep cooking until it falls apart. That's how they do it in restaurants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007
I finally tried angry lady recently. The flavour is great, and I love the crispy bits, but it's way too salty to actually eat. I will definitely be DIYing a batch though.