Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Benway
Jun 30, 2007
Anybody made xioalongbao? I know it's kind of a street food but I'm a big fan and you can't really get good xiaolongbao in the US, even from Shanghainese restaurants. I've tried several times - made the wrapper, made the pork filling, made the gelatinous chicken broth/pork fat mixture that is supposed to melt into the soup. Basically along the lines of this: http://steamykitchen.com/88-xiao-long-bao-shanghai-steamed-soup-dumplings.html However I just can't make something soupy, it all disappears. Is it absorbed into the dough? It is a mystery.

I'd really appreciate any insights if anyone's gotten it to work.

And I just have to believe chongqing hot pot will be spicy, probably spicier than the sichuan variety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Benway
Jun 30, 2007
These ingredients should be available from even a Safeway. The English names are not standardized so just google up the traditional Chinese characters of the ingredient and check it against that at the store.