Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cizzo
Jul 5, 2007

Haters gonna hate.
I honestly think the only real similarity is that they all use the same base ingredients. I prefer mine smothered with onions since onions are awesome. But I've had jjm where it was actually filled with hobak. That's good too. In all honesty, the only thing that matters to me in terms of what goes in it is the jajang itself. If that tastes bad, it will ruin everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cizzo
Jul 5, 2007

Haters gonna hate.

amishsexpot posted:

Interestingly it's phonetically spelled "miriM" in Korean! :eng101:

Yeah this kind of confused me too. I googled it but really didn't come up with anything.

Cizzo
Jul 5, 2007

Haters gonna hate.

AIIAZNSK8ER posted:

I've cooked on electric elements most of the time at home, and the key is to control the liquids in everything you stir fry. I've never heard of adding baking soda to tenderize the meat. I buy bottom round sirloin or ball tip. It's stupid how expensive flank steak has become.

I basically do the same. Buy any type of reasonably priced loin cut that's within your budget. But then again, I usually just use it to make bulgogi which is basically known for not being an expensive cut of beef. But to make up for it's sometimes chewy (I'm not sure if that's the word I want, no direct translation I can think of) texture, you get it cut thinly. Thus making it cook quickly and not be very chewy since it was cut so thin.

If your local butcher can't get it very thin or won't do it at all. Just do it yourself with a very sharp knife and get it as thin as your skill allows, and then just pound it out with a tenderizer.

Cizzo
Jul 5, 2007

Haters gonna hate.

indoflaven posted:

What do the Koreans put in their fried rice that makes it so awesome, just tons of green onion?

Kimchi and Spam.