Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.

Kung Fu Jesus posted:

If I buy one of those outdoor gas setups, will that give me that smokey flavor I can't seem to get at home?

Yes. That smokey flavor comes from insanely hot metal hitting things that are not insanely hot metal(they are usually food). Commercial Chinese places have these obscene, beautiful jets of embodied heat that poo poo out 150,000 BTUs and treat the wok like a Ronson JetFlame lighter treats a thin spoon with a bead of sticky tar slowly evaporating in its concavity. Tom Cruise-style jump on-the-couch-and-in-to-your-palate flavor action ensues. Dr. Mailliard cackles, glances at his instruments, displays unmitigated joy. Chicken wobbles back, forth in volcanic stir-fry-heat, simultaneously browns and causes singularity.

CARL MARK FORCE IV fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Apr 3, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

Would anyone be interested in pics of various Sichuan food with names and short descriptions to identify them? I'm collecting quite a few as I order my way through restaurant menus so I can figure out things to have again.

This would be the greatest thing that ever happened.

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

That moment when (after stumbling in yr front door, post-10-hr-shift, & frantically steaming a bunch of frozen dumplings) you set the bamboo steamer basket on your lap, stab into the first dumpling & realize that these are actually frozen xia long bao & now boiling hot broth is dripping onto your crotch.

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

stay treyf, otter ghost

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I make less than 30k a year and will happily throw down $15 for a perfectly executed cacio e pepe at a restaurant.
You wanna throw truffles on there then feel free, but I don't even need em.