Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

I'm excited, as the CSA I just joined is renting out an old Chinese restuarant with a kitchen that is still fully intact. They'll be using it as a distribution point, and for cooking classes, but the lady that runs the whole thing says there's a probably 25' long stove with wok burner after wok burner.

Maybe I'll get a chance to horribly burn myself practice cooking Chinese food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

indoflaven posted:

I realized today there is just no reason for me to make some stuff myself. There is no way I could make a huge mound of chicken/shrimp/pork lo mein for $7.

I feel like this about my favorite thai dish, som tum, the green papaya salad. The dressing for it seems to a gigantic pain in the rear end to put together, in terms of finding ingredients, and I can get a good sized plate of it from the place down the street for $6.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

I just took a couple of classes from a little old taiwanese lady, she taught us about steamed rice noodle roles and the folded buns with delicious pork/etc in them.
This has gotten me very interested in all the steamed Chinese foods, dim sum things, etc that I could reasonably do.

I'm been looking for an excuse to buy one of these: https://www.cuisinart.com/products/toaster_ovens/cso-300.html

Dealing with a stovetop steamer seems like a massive pain in the rear end, and being able to steam/heat in a combi oven sounds like it would be pretty much perfect for being able to mess around with doing steamed stuff without the hassle/space of a stovetop steamer. Does this make any sense? Has anyone here done things like steamed buns in a combi oven vs a regular steamer?