Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Got a new wok and went to season it. I started it over medium heat and spread the oil around, then tried to spread oil around while turning it to expose the sides to the flame. I think I still may have done too much on its bottom as the bottom is seared dark and much darker than the rest of the pan and there's a noticable line between the more-seared areas and less-seared towards the top. Should I scouring sponge and start over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Perfect, thanks! Excited to try some wok cooking. I love a good stir fry but I've basically been making steamed meat and veggies in my non-stick, relying on my mediocre sauce skills to get any flavor out of the dish. Hoping I can practice this a bit and get good at it!

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Remulak posted:

I guess the Sichuan place in the nearby suburb I almost never go to was sold, the chongqing chicken I ordered was gross battered chicken with a bunch of peppers dumped on top.

The same thing happened to me - at the very least a new chef. The chongqing chicken went from crispy and flavorful to rubbery trying to hide behind way too much pepper (even for that dish)