Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZetsurinPower
Dec 14, 2003

I looooove leftovers!
i could throw together a pretty authentic Mapo Dofu recipe if that is something you all would be interested in, also my roommate has a lot of authentic cantonese dinner staples that would fit well here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZetsurinPower
Dec 14, 2003

I looooove leftovers!
fyi I've found the best way to work with Szechwan peppercorns is to make an infused oil and strain it. Grinding them in a mortar and peslte makes everything gritty. Maybe its better with a really fine pepper mill or spice grinder but in my experience making an oil works well and you can make extra so you always have some on hand.

ZetsurinPower
Dec 14, 2003

I looooove leftovers!

gret posted:

Not to step on ZetsurinPower's toes, and I would also be very interested in his mapo tofu recipe, but I usually follow Chen Kenichi's mapo tofu recipe, which is very tasty. However when he says firm tofu I believe the soft tofu sold here in the U.S. is the closest approximation.

ok theres no point in me posting a recipe, this one looks better.