Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

What is the shelf life of fermented bean curd? And once open how long can I keep it? I seem to have heaps of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

[quote="Ziir" post="390264521"]
Siew Yuk or Roast Pork

I have made this a lot over the years, it amazing for blowing people away at "bring a side or salad" bbqs and so on. It is so so simple its brilliant, and the vodka is a masterstroke. Slight (possibly sacreligious) alterations to the recipe can make it sing too, like grinding up some sichuan peppers for the marinade.

Is there any way to make the skin flatter though? This is the last one I made https://www.instagram.com/p/BCmqqHnS0M8r76HSREQdF4x0En-xX1Vq9NQmjE0/

I accidentally ordered a gigantic pork belly from my butcher (3.6 kg)and picked it up yesterday. There is no way half of it wont end up curling up and getting burnt...

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

^^^hell yeah the numbing is the best bit. It's food cocaine

I have a bunch of numbing peppercorns that I want to use soon. What is the simplest recipe that focuses on Sichuan peppercorns? I have no issue with chilli and also have shitloads of dried red chillis. thinking something like Lasiji, if anyone has a good recipe

Edit: just saw I've stumbled into Sichuan peppercorns chat. Still I am chasing a simple recipe, I have no cooking chops

lilbeefer fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Mar 2, 2020

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Mr. Wiggles posted:

They don't numb me anymore. :(

It actually saddens me to learn this happens. It should be another flavour, like sweet, sour or spicy, but is clearly too good for this world :(

Human Tornada posted:

Mapo Tofu is good for a novice because you don't really need a wok or to do any high heat cooking or frying. The Serious Eats recipe is good.

Will try it, but with pork maybe? I was also thinking of mapo tofu but it requires buying a quite a bit of ingredients

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Make this. Very simple, shows off peppercorns pretty well.

This is what I'm chasing, thanks!

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Uncle is amazing he is most of the reason I watch chef wang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Can you lose sichuan numbing tolerance by abstaining from it for a while? I feel like I've burnt out my numbing receptors over the last 10 years.