Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Vlex posted:

What's with the split pot?

All I can think of is that mail-order cereal bowl for "nerds" brand cereal, where you got 2 flavors in 2 separate bags in the box, and you'd pour a half bowl into each side and then lift the separator tab in the middle, mixing your grape with your strawberry flavors or whatever. I'm sure this mail order device had been re branded and then re branded further until the whole sugary cereals thing took a giant dive once Saturday morning cartoons died. Also I remember this being 1984-85, it may well have been made of melmac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Alex Earl Cash posted:

Is there any reason not to get a induction cooker and a matching wok? Gas is not an option.

I really, REALLY hate my electric stove/range. Gas is so much cheaper and gives much better results on time vs results and consistent heating in the oven.

On an electric range, I don't see buying a wok. I see maybe getting a flat bottomed thin steel or copper fry pan with at least a 4 or 5 inch deep set(how much the edges come up from the bottom) You can't really shove the vegetables up the side to slow cooking, but if you layer your cooking times; then the end result is probably going to be the same as a wok-like vessel on a gas range, as typical gas ranges aren't rated for the BTU output a real wok needs.

In cases of actual wok cooking, I have no idea. I assume you toss in the meat, as it takes the longest to cook, and then you toss in the appropriately sized vegetables in a cascade of 'when they will be doneness'. Possibly sugar-coat that in an American style sugar/vinegar sauce or some kind of soy/vinegar sauce.

I swear to god, my local Safeway here in Federal Way has a Chinese food buffet, adjacent to the typical deli food buffet, and all the meat, pork chicken, beef, its all breaded with donut batter and then rolled in sugar before its deep fried and then served in some kind of soy sauce mixed with maple syrup concoction that is supposed to be 'sweet n sour'.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

ovanova posted:

[3] The chili pods are aromatic and decorative; directly consuming them is not suggested unless you have massive balls. Substitute some red bell pepper if you can’t handle heat.

I love those things, I always think I got a dud and then 10 seconds later the punishment starts.