Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Athanatos posted:

Didn't see this get answered, so anyone know of any graphics bump mods for San Andreas? Something like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FduiJBxyV1o seems neat, but can't find what it is. (He also has a reload mod, and a GTA4 ragdoll thing)

Search for "enbseries"
I haven't been up on that stuff for a few years but last time I checked people had added things like motion blur and environment reflections to the cars and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

You can find a Sultan RS behind the abandoned bum house on the third island every time you go there.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Underflow posted:

Does anyone know how the Xbox controls for III/VC/SA compare to the PC's? I'm tempted to get them again for the Xbox, but after playing IV alot I'm not sure if I can go back to those clunky PC controls. I mean, do you steer and accelerate smoothly with the LS instead of just L-R and yes-no?

They're a lot better than the PC controls, and this is coming from a die-hard pc gamer.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

yes, but it sucks.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

nerdly_dood posted:

I hate to say it but flying a plane in San Andreas was insanely easy on a PS2.

Now mine's gone and I'm stuck with it on PC and it won't even recognize my xbox controller but but i wanna fly a goddamn plane and and and :cry:

edit: wait. i can't seem to recall trying out the xbox controller for GTA:SA on my laptop. welp, here's to hoping it works... (it works beautifully in GTA4)

Man, come on! Flying a plane is easy as poo poo on a pc. Just turn off mouse controls for flying and you're set.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Underflow posted:

Yeah. With 18 burglary attempts on our house in 3 years and a trial facing 6 years for possession of military firearms, after which they confiscated all my hardware - but let me go, since a) I'm a vet who just managed to keep some souvenir h/w; 2) several burglaries by groups of men in skimasks with shortened shotguns had been reported in my neighbourhood already - I can only live in a fantasy world, kid.

gently caress do you live, colombia?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Coffee And Pie posted:

So is it just me, or is the Uranus the best car in all of 4?

I don't even remember which one that is! But I'm gonna have to say Blista Compact is the best.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

FetusOvaries posted:

The shape of the fake map is also similar to the ripped out part of this:

probably on purpose

what

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Simon Draskovic posted:

I picked this up on the Steam sale, and was wondering what general opinion was regarding keyboard + mouse versus a 360 controller for GTA 4. I like and am used to the former, but I played this a bit on the 360 when it first came out and really liked the analog triggers and more sensitive joysticks.

Edit: I should add that I don't actually own a 360 controller, so I guess my question really is "Does a controller make the game play $40 better?"

I bought the game on Xbox day one then got it on a computer a year later. I'd have to say that the mouse and keyboard controls are pretty much perfect.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

I fuckin loved Fusion FM and Classics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

teethgrinder posted:

You know what blows? Trying to get your near-complete GTA IV save to load on a new computer.

Followed a bunch of different guides and nothing seems to work.

I might just YouTube it and play the DLC. Just a touch frustrating after 30 hours. Finally got a computer that can really do it justice.

edit: holy poo poo it finally worked!

I did it by copying the data inside the old original folder into the newly created one.

Honestly? Just get the Episodes from Liberty City, load up the Ballad of Gay Tony and never look back.

• Locked thread