Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Himuro posted:

Gosh I love Chinatown Wars so loving much.

Drug Wars should be an odd job in every future GTA.

I've been playing Chinatown Wars on and off on my best friends DS and it's an incredible game.

I think my favorite aspect of Chinatown Wars has been the drug trafficking. The ebb and flow of the drug trade has me more engrossed than the actual plot line itself. Even TBoGT fails to capture the same fun in its own narcotics related mini-missions.

Also the use of the stylus in the DS version absolutely hauls rear end. I've never played a game that used the touch screen in such imaginative ways.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Apr 6, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

All this GTA talk gave me the itch to finish up some side missions I had yet to complete such as Drug Wars in TBoGT, which leads to some nice weapon bonuses at your safe-house.

Now I'm just grinding away on the achievement that awards you points for batting 69 bikers off their rides during races in TLAD.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

ElwoodCuse posted:

Look up a video on YouTube, you can do this in a couple minutes. If you knock a guy over then ride up to him, you can get into a loop of knock him off, wait for him to get back on, knock him off before he drives off, repeat until race ends with you losing.

Damnit, too late.

At least it was pretty fun doing it naturally through races. It wasn't all that hard to accomplish, just took a couple of days of playing to get.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

AngryCaterpillar posted:

I found Lost really interesting, made me really feel like a biker. Ballad has a protagonist that is hard to identify with. He's not enough of a "loser". He already has a job, he's just doing somebody else's bidding. I don't feel like I'm in the game. Im not that far into it yet though.

Nothing in TLaD made me feel like a loser biker more than the act of walking into a lovely rear end gloomy room complete with a loving lousy dirty mattress and sitting down on it to save rather than going to sleep.

That little element makes that expansion feel way more hardcore than the gritty color filter that is placed over the entire game.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Himuro posted:

One minute you have Luis tending to his mother and it's so serious and poo poo, the next minute you're doing small time crap like peddling drugs when you've got a high end crib in the games version of Manhattan. This dude isn't poor, so why the gently caress is he doing all this? Then there's the whole comedy angle. It'll try to be serious for a moment and then the next you've got a middle eastern dude in underwear telling you steal a copter just to prove to his father he's not a total failure. Gay Tony felt juvenile in an extremely wrong manner. I think when I beat it I questioned whether or not I grew out of GTA games.

That Saudi Arabian guy was beyond obnoxious.

I wont stand idly by while you talk that way about Yusuf Amir and his Arab Money. :colbert:

Regarding the drug peddling: The reason why Luis keeps getting into all those drug war side-missions with Armando and Henrique had more to do with his childhood relationship with both of them than anything. Luis ultimately feels obligated to help them out from time to time since Luis hooked up with Tony and got propelled into the highlife while A&H struggled to make ends meet since they were both just a couple of hood rats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Avocados posted:

Well I just finished Lost & Damned hoping that things would turn out better after how bad GTAIV ended. Nope, Ashley is asking for $40 again (despite promising rehab) and the Lost clubhouse is charred. Things don't really seem to go well for these folks :smith:

Kind of fitting though for a club of bikers who call themselves The Lost, don't you think?

• Locked thread