Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
They need to get rid of airports. They are a total waste of space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta

nerdly_dood posted:

Disagreed. Half the fun in GTA4 MP is the airport. And if you don't mind tweaking handling.dat a bit, you can make your car indestructible so you can have all the fun you want in SP regardless of that ridiculous 4-star wanted rating.
I have never experienced the wonder that is multiplayer GTA4 before. I will one day. The first thing I am gonna do is jump of a building into some rotating helicopter blades. I want to see what happens :)

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta
The driving in GTA4 (including the motorbike riding) loving owned. It actually required a little bit of skill and finesse and when you pull of a sweet maneuver it was really satisfying. I love playing GTA4 a little stoned and just driving around trying to do stunts and stuff. Whenever I play a GTA3-era game I find the driving so loving boring.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta
I'm dumb

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta
Is it completely unpossible to transfer my Xbox 360 GTA4 save game to my PC?

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta
Breaking Bad: CONFIRMED

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta
When did GTA ever have dismemberment?

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta

AngryCaterpillar posted:

You could make someone nothing but a torso in III and blow someone's head off in SA.
I think I can remember blowing someone's head off in SA but I can't remember dismemberment in III. It may have been taken out for the Australian version.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta
Is there an easy way to install a 100% save game for GTAIV on PC? I have well and truly finished the game on console and I just want a save game with unlimited money and everything unlocked to gently caress around on.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta

SEKCobra posted:

This is wrong I have a 100 % savegame installed with windows live
Please to be explaining how? I tried the posted method but after putting the xlive wrapper in the directory the game won't start.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta
I don't think I ever interacted with Kate at all apart from where the plot forced me to so when she died and Niko was all upset it was kind of weird.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta
So I heard something about GFWL being canned. Does this mean GTAIV on Steam won't work anymore? Because I am trying to play it and it doesn't seem to be working.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta
EFLC seems to work okay but I can't seem to get anything to load up beyond the Social Club sign in for just the original game. I tried both online and offline.

Oh well, it was just for a nostalgia after playing the vastly superior GTA V anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta

The Lone Badger posted:

I haven't played any of the GTA games yet, but being a big fan of Saints Row (especially SR2) and Sleeping Dogs I decided to try out GTA IV while I wait for V to come out on the PC.

...and I'm finding it slow and boring as poo poo. Tiny bits of gameplay separated by long cutscenes about annoying people and driving segments, nothing to do in free roam, basically no customisation... it feels more like work than a game.
Am I weird / missing something, or is GTA fundamentally different to the 'GTA-alikes'?
GTA IV is fundamentally different to all other GTAs, with the possible exception of GTA 3. GTA 3 was pretty bare bones but got away with it because it was the first 3D GTA. GTA IV tried to go bare bones as well and hoped to get away with it for being the first serious and gritty GTA. It didn't quite pull it off unfortunately.

• Locked thread