Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Ballad of Gay Tony is the best gta. The characters are very well written and its an interesting change packed full of content. If anyone hasn't played it or didn't like vanilla gta4 its so much cooler. Lost and damned is lame in comparison.

Also they released patches and this game runs fine on my mid range $800 gaming pc on full settings. It sucks that people who experienced technical problems and didn't like gta4 are never going to try ballad of gay tony.

RustyTrombone fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Apr 7, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Himuro posted:

I don't see why Gay Tony is great while Last and the Damned is lame.

Lost and the Damned was probably the most focused GTA, and arguably the best written. Characters have lows, and very few highs, you actually care about their situation with probably the darkest ending, however dark a GTA can get, in the series.

In GTA: Gay Tony, every character is stupid and makes endless jokes for no reason. They're cartoon characters without personality. They take character personalities and make it about nothing but that personality. Like the fact that Tony is gay, this is played on every five seconds.

For all the praise Gay Tony has received I don't really understand most of it. I especially don't understand the claim that it's well written, but different strokes I guess.

I didn't like Yusuf either. In fact, I hated that guy. I hated the small man, Brucie's brother too. I can't think of one character in that game aside from Tony who I like. Tony is loving hilarious.

The missions are also really loving annoying. There's at least 4 flying missions (out of 20 or so missions, so basically a quarter of the game) and they're all horrible.

I thought every mission was fun. This random one was one of my favorites http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLTT5rswGdQ it's really well made.

I enjoyed the atmosphere in bogt and I thought all of the missions and cut scenes were funny and exciting. I don't hate lost and damned either, it was fun, but bogt feels like more of a real expansion to me.

Also, I thought Tony was made pretty well for a gay man and didn't just constantly play up stereotypes to the extreme. I can see why someone would prefer lost and damned though, it was kick rear end in parts that were different than bogt. I really just want people to get episodes from liberty city who hated on the vanilla because both episodes combined is a full gta game and blows gta4 away (and I loved 4 for the most part).

RustyTrombone fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Apr 7, 2011

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot
V as a crooked cop would own. I know this forum has brought it up a ton of times in these threads I REALLY hope they do it.

RustyTrombone fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Apr 7, 2011

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Do you think there's any chance this will be shown on a pc and it's being developed for the next generation of consoles?

• Locked thread