Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ghableska
Jul 9, 2008
So what's up with GFWL? I recently reinstalled GTAIV, and according to Steam I already own the Complete Edition, which includes the DLC. But when I try to open up the Episodes from within the game, GFWL believes that I still need to buy them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghableska
Jul 9, 2008

Cage posted:

If you have both on steam you cant use the in-game launcher, its really more of a "DLC available!" notice. It would work if you bought the DLC via GFWL, you'll have to exit IV and launch the episodes separately from steam.

Huh, I guess Steam is just lying to me then. I never actually bought the DLC, but Steam still believes I have the complete edition. So I guess there's no way of playing the Episodes without buying them through Steam then?

ghableska
Jul 9, 2008
I bought the standalone version of GTA IV back when it came out on Steam, before any of the DLC had been released. But looking at the store page, Steam says that I already own the GTA IV Complete Edition, which includes Episodes from Liberty City.

• Locked thread