Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Convex posted:

Something like... this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H15lnSD2f5w

I would play the poo poo out of that. I definitely agree with rps, my best gta memories come from that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Geight posted:

Thread made me reinstall GTA4, which reminded me of something I really want to see in the PC version of GTA5: A serious reduction in how much DRM is loaded into it. Steam, GFWL, SecuROM, and their own little Social Club thing. Rockstar, nobody wants to steal your game -that- badly. :cmon:

Admittedly, the social club registration was made optional post-release, but it still pops up whenever you run GTA4. I'd be happy if they at least got rid of SecuROM.

I bought GTA4 + the expansion ages after it came out on pc and didn't have any problems with it what so ever (graphics/performance wise or drm).

Reading back through people's opinions of it is sad because it clearly just needed more QA testing before it was released, the actual product itself was great.

I really hope rockstar releases the next one on pc even if we do have to wait for a while after the consoles.

Jippa fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Apr 9, 2011

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
It's probably because I'm from the UK but I much prefer my gta games set in the sunny US locations like the miami or the west coast.

It may be an odd distinction but I've noticed that I much prefer spending prolonged periods of time in open world games like far cry 2 and the first crysis vs stalker/fallout 3/crysis 2.

I didn't actually play RDR so I've missed out on that use of the their engine (which is incredible), I hope they do keep it some where on the west coast or maybe down south for the next gta.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I re installed san andreas to try the multiplayer servers but I can only partially get my 360 controller to work (the right stick doesn't move the camera) so I'm only partially able to play it as well.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

teethgrinder posted:

I haven't noticed it in GTA4, but one of my favourite things in San Andreas was the occasional random hyper-aggressive personality you'd get driving on the highways. Usually you'd bump someone and get some cussing and swearing, and sometimes the AI would do all it could to get away from you. Every once in a while though you'd get some ultra-aggressive AI that's an even more colossal rear end in a top hat than you, doing everything it can to drive you off the road and/or kill you.

I used to love standing on the bonnets of the cars and stamping on them, or using a bat. The driver would freak out and start driving like crazy (knocking over peds and screaming). You could inflict enough damage so the car caught on fire and bail just as it blew up some times causing crazy pile ups on motorways etc.

Hooking up all the tow trucks sounds fun as well, I need to try that.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

blackmanjew posted:

So does GTAIV just run like poo poo for everyone?

I've got a 2500k at 4.8, 4G of ram and CFX 6970's running at 1920x1080, most of the time it'll run at like 70-90 fps, but some parts of the city just shoot down to 30fps.

I hate having my stupidly expensive computer brought to its knees by a 3 year old game.

I5 with a 560ti and it runs perfectly. There is a small amount of lag when I first enter the world from loading a new game but then it's really smooth (highest settings).

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Himuro posted:

If I had my way GTA5 won't have a stupid cover system.

Yeah gently caress cover systems, it is so dull camping out behind pillars. The combat in gta is the weakest part in my opinion.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

blackguy32 posted:

After I played TBoGT, I hear and see Yusef Amir's voice actor everywhere!

He's pretty famous here in the UK.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
This is pretty much exactly what I want from another GTA game in terms of setting.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
e - Ignore I've figured it out.

Jippa fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jun 5, 2012

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I'm going to have to admit that reading about the size and scope of the world in the new game has stoked a huge game boner.

I'm legitimately in full salivation mode which I haven't been in for at least a year or so.

I'm praying that the pc version comes pretty soon after the consoles. I still load up gta 4 just to mess around in the open world. I'm still shocked that people (not just on forums) seem to think that the driving wasn't good? It's one of the most fun things for me.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Cage posted:

GTA:V announced for PC, Xbone and PS4 due out in the fall.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...=gtavng06092014

Best news of E3 I can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

droey posted:

This game looks beautiful and I'm excited all over again.

As a pc player I have avoided pretty much all the coverage of the game I possibly can. I can't wait now.

• Locked thread