Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
Speaking of Vice City Stories, Vic Vance may be my least favourite GTA protagonist, since VCS has the biggest discrepancy between how the character is in cutscenes and in gameplay. "I'm no killer!" *murders 20 rednecks*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Tewratomeh posted:

If there's one thing I missed (there's a lot of things I miss) from GTA III and Vice City, it was having weapons spawn near your hideout. Ballad of Gay Tony was the first time that I can recall since Vice City where you'd have free weapons spawn at a safehouse for doing stuff.

San Andreas had it, but there were three sets of collectibles, the pickups didn't appear til you had the entire set, and they were spread out between the three cities.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Muppetjedi posted:

They should release it for the PS3 HD collection. All 3 Ps2 games (5 if they want to include the converted PSP games.) Minor graphic improvements and trophies. Easy money.

Am I the only one who thought the chat radio stations became kinda crap after Vice city?

WCTR had its moments though. Hearing about your own escapades on the news was pretty neat too.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Himuro posted:

You're not alone. SA and IV's talk radio sucked.

I barely listened to any other stations than KChat and VCPR

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Peenweed posted:

Good enough for me! Thanks so much.

I actually vastly prefer SA with KB&M - you can freeaim with all of the guns instead of locking on, making headshots and tyre shots easier.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Anatharon posted:

He got shot by a.. Zetsobou? (The company, whatever they were called) Corp assassin when he was picking a random car's lock.

That's Claude Speed from GTA2.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
Reminded me of a couple of clips that PC Gamer UK made back when the game came out.

Surprising News!

Some spectacular timing here

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
Did San Andreas get anything in the way of graphical overhauls or what have you? I know there's a few draw distance mods, but the 10x distance one would periodically make everything invisible and leave you wandering around a sky-textured void or something.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Policenaut posted:

I always did all 12 levels of the Ambulance missions before the first mission because I needed me some infinite sprint.

Me too, and the fireman and taxi missions. Not the Vigilante ones though, I waited til I had the tank to do those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
Does San Andreas have much in the way of interesting mods, Hot Coffee aside?

• Locked thread