Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reive
May 21, 2009

csidle posted:

No, the marketing for GTA 4 was intensely focused over 13 months. First trailer was released March 2007, the game was released April 2008.

Yeah I remember new commercials and trailers coming out every month or two, remember the 'welcome to liberty city' ads starring characters that weren't significant?

Anyway I knew they'd announce it to coincide with GTAIII's anniversary, but I can't possibly imagine what they're going to do with it.

Only thing is I really want them to bring back some classic stuff, Rampages, RC explosive vehicles, phone booth missions, the bicycles from SA, and of course oodles of easter eggs and inappropriate humor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reive
May 21, 2009

Installed GTA3 PC now that I have a good enough PC to run it and I'm running into some really bad graphical problems, any ideas?

Reive
May 21, 2009

K8.0 posted:

Try some other games, normally that kind of artifacting means your video card is hosed, but if it's just GTA3 it's probably something else.

It's just GTA3, and it only seems to happen on particular objects, like the hospital and 8-ball's face.

Reive
May 21, 2009

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

The Twitter account linked on that page has two tweets from July this year.

http://twitter.com/EpsilonismToday

It was originally an SA site, the twitter must of just been added in prep for 5, I just visited it a few months ago and it definitely wasn't there.

Reive
May 21, 2009

I need a little help, I've been looking for some GTA3 mods t help with screenshots and video capture, but I can't seem to find what I'm after, I need a no-clip like mod or at least something to help with getting to certain places, perhaps some sort of flying mod or if all else fails a super jump.
The other is free camera, unlock the camera from the player to position it anywhere at any angle.

Those two seem the most likely to exist somewhere, a freeze time would also be good but I could probably get by with just using the built in slow down time cheats.

Anything out there like these?

Reive
May 21, 2009

sirbeefalot posted:

I'm trying to load a 100% complete save in SA on the PC and something's not working. What do I need to do beyond putting the file in the folder with the other saves? The saves show up in the list when I go to load a game in SA, and they "load", but then every one I've tried starts with the airport cutscene as if I started a new game.

I just wanna gently caress around without playing through the game for the 50th time. :(

It could be the save isn't for your version, you could try searching for the last SA patch that came out and updating, or try a different save file, there are 100%s all over the net.

Reive
May 21, 2009

the CIT server is still the most populated, I believe there's a goon run gang on that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reive
May 21, 2009

So I got in touch with the person who had this to make it available again, it's a recording from a goon server on an old version of SA:MP.
Game type Smear the Queer, one person is chosen and can only run or drive while everyone else is trying to kill them, the player here manages to do it insanely well, while Mona Lisa Overdrive from the Matrix Reloaded highway scene is playing, thus epic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zorBRIQyZL0

• Locked thread