Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

orcane posted:

Just curious, what's so special about "third person" games that needs a controller for optimal control?

It wasn't really moving around in the third person, for me. I went out and got a controller for this game specifically because it uses a more realistic physics engine for vehicles that was designed around a game controller, and the ability to adjust values more smoothly and accurately. When you're driving with a keyboard, you just don't get the same action as with a controller, so your driving is even clunkier, and don't get me started on shooting while driving.

On another note...

As much as I loved breaking my computer's back, trying to play GTA4, I recently purchased the Xbox Complete Edition with both Episodes along with my GTA5 preorder. So, I'm looking forward to playing online with any goon who's down to sandbox it. I've also got another buddy on hand, if you would like to play through some ranked matches or Hangman's Noose.

That is, if you aren't all playing Halo 4.

You're all playing Halo 4, aren't you. :negative:

Gamertag: Dr Gonzo OZA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Best way to simulate a Hurricane in GTA4 is to spam the water cannon from a firetruck from all points above ground, in one direction, and watch as the world is blown away.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Icenhancer recently released a 3.0 update for Grand Theft Auto IV. I recently put it all together under a 1.4 build to see how pretty things could get. I haven't played that much, yet, but its generally not super impressive. Cutscenes are butchered, of course (who really cares about playing Niko for the zillionth time), but it still suffers from an uncontrollable blur, poor shifting in color and shader filters and a god awful dark vignette during night, as if that's supposed to make me feel immersed.

Since GTA V still seems miles away, could anyone recommend some modifications to beautify the poo poo out of a non-LCS copy of GTA IV?

• Locked thread