Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Man, modding the car stats in GTA2 was insanely easy and fun. I liked making the cop cars explode at the drop of a hat, and also have crazy squirrely handling. Car chases were hilarious with that. Then you got to the mission where you have to drive one.

I played the GTA2 demo a hell of a lot when we got our first real computer. When I finally got tired of exploding after five minutes, hilarious though it was, I found a crack to remove the time limit and went to town. Then when I found the big box version on clearance at EB some years later I was a bit disappointed the announcer voice was different from the demo, but oh so glad I finally got to drive that tank.

Did anyone ever play much of the GTA2 multi? I finally got a chance to with a friend and it seemed like it had potential with the full six people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
So who else tried to take over all the gang territory/build up a weapons cache before leaving Los Santos? :negative:

On a different note, there are two violent moments in the series that had me simultaneously laughing and gasping at how horrible they were. The first was the mission "Hot Dog Homicide" in GTA2, where you hijack a busload of people and take them to a meatpacking plant, then watch as armed Russian mobsters send them, stripped, crying, and pleading, onto the conveyor belt; some try to escape their fate and are promptly shot. Then you deliver the human hotdogs to the restaurant to feed the Russian mob. The second was letting a molotov fly in the club in Vice City and watching a roomful of people burn and scream. How many can YOU take down with one cocktail?

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
I like doing drive-bys on the bicycle and dinging the bell before or after shooting.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Cliff Racer posted:

(K Rose only had one bomb, in my opinion)

Which song? That station reminded me that country music doesn't have to be crap. I liked going for pedestrian-smearing joyrides with "Crazy" by Willie Nelson as the soundtrack.

One thing I've done occasionally is dump the stations from GTA2 into the custom playlist station in the later games. "God Bless All The Universe," "Taxi Drivers Must Die," and "The Diner" are all fun.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Explosions sending people flying into the air in GTA2 is the best thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
The revolver in Vice City was always my favorite pedestrian rampage assistant. Just stand out in the middle of the street and keep tapping that lock-on button and X alternating, then when the going gets tough run to the nearby hideout with the helicopter on the roof and ride off into the sunset like some sort of Santa Claus of murder.

• Locked thread