Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I would take it with a grain of salt. Since when has Kotaku ever known what they were talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Its just a stupid rumor, but I've heard San Diego/Tijuana as a possible location.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Trapjaw posted:

GTA V coming exclusively to Facebook.

I heard it was a Kinect title. :v:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Oh boy, San Andreas.

Also a missing feature sorely missing from 4: color.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Well one of people tearing this trailer apart noticed a bicycle in one of the shots so clearly the return of the jetpack is confirmed.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

maxnmona posted:

The easier way to solve this problem is do what Vice city did and make your character fit what your actions will be.

I don't want every freeroaming game to be full of psychopathic Tommy Vercetti knockoffs.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Athanatos posted:

1st GTA Trailer was March 29 2007. Release was April 2008.

GTA4 was supposed to be released October of that year but was pushed back to avoid competing with Halo 3.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Lucid Delusion posted:

Oh my god this IGN breakdown is just awful. It's not so much a breakdown of stuff that appear in the trailer as it is wild speculation.

Welcome to video game journalism.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Games > Grand Theft Auto V: "After 5 years on the east coast it was time to go home."

Momomo posted:

I find myself feeling uncomfortable about the whole black guy = CJ thing. Do people really think only one black person is allowed to exist in a series?

No kidding. There's no way that's CJ when its so obviously Lance Vance.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I think the biggest argument for it being more than one city is the fact that, as far as it appears in the trailer, Los Santos doesn't have any natural barriers. How are they going to unlock different sections of the city if it doesn't seem to be on more than one island?

Oh god, I've started with the unfounded speculation, someone kill me.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Imagine a parade of Elvises (Elvi?) being wiped out by a tour bus... with the Euphoria engine.

But yes, of course, Venturas would be a terrible addition.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

e: ^^^You kidding me? The wanted system in Chinatown was so broken, considering the cops would often crash anyways, just like every GTA game. 4's radius was actually a pretty good system.

Well there was an all female counterfeiting syndicate you fight in Vice City. More of an "exception that proves the rule" type of thing.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Cliff Racer posted:

So I have the PC three pack version of Vice City and never unlocked the Cuban and Haitian mission sets. Just never got the calls. Were they removed or something or did they only happen after you beat that stupid RC helicopter mission I was never able to?

Yes you have to do the final Avery mission to unlock the Cuban/Haitian missions. Come on now, the helicopter mission isn't hard, just take your time and ignore the construction workers.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Well with CJ he's both amazingly good at killing people and doing ridiculous poo poo, while also incredibly weak willed. Its why he'll break into a top secret government base just because a hippy told him to.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Himuro posted:

[url][/url]

San Andreas/GTA5 comparison. Worth looking at!

Am I the only who thought this was hilarious? Especially the part where the guy turns to the camera and falls, or when he recreates the yoga by running around in circles.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Still, you got to admit its a pretty good fake.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I like this shot of GTA3's script compared to 4's.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

GreatKesh posted:

When does this happen ? I don't remember it

Somewhere during the Mexican line of missions. There's a cutscene where you walk in on Reyes having sex with a maid.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

No, nothing in The Saboteur was that subtle, but your homebase was in a strip club and you could download a nudity patch.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Ak Gara posted:

It's just Brightness set to min, draw distance set to max, FX Quality set to Very High, 1920x1080, 16x anti-aliasing and 16x anisotropic, with "Marty McFly 2.0 Californian Sun" ENB Series shaders.

So is there a setting in these shaders that make it so the characters aren't luminescent? Its not so bad outside but during indoor cutscenes it is very obvious that Carl gives off light and every surface is reflective (even wood).

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I managed to get SAAC to work on Windows 7 by running this fixer I found on one of the GTA fan sites.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The disconnect never really bothered me honestly, especially since it goes both ways. When I did the ambulance missions in Vice City I never cared that Tommy Vercetti - a multimillionare drug kingpin and sociopath - would probably never go out of his way to do such things.

And CJ isn't a good example either. He's not conflicted, just weakwilled. He has Marty McFly syndrome, just replace the word 'chicken' with 'busta'.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Install Gentoo posted:

I would not be surprised if SA's script was bigger than GTA IV's script, if TLAD and TBOGT were not counted in at least.

Well GTAIV had a lot of optional dialogue if you factor in the fact that:

-A lot of missions had alternative dialogue if you replayed them.
-IV had television programs no one ever watched.
-Going out with friends yielded a lot of character dialogue.

So I wouldn't be surprised if stuff like that upped GTAIV's script quite a bit.

e: vvv Case in point. Next time you're in your safehouse try going up to the tv.

Mantis42 fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jun 2, 2012

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I think the idea of splitting up the map is supposed to be a reward system that keeps the game interesting, so no, they'll probably keep it.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Vercetti is a pretty forgettable honestly, I prefer CJ vastly. Its weird how that game gets crap for gangster stuff at the end when Saint's Row has the exact same message and gets a pass by goons.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Euphoria physics mixed with bike riding is going to be glorious. :allears:

efb

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

If it helps, I don't remember Gay Tony being written as stereotypically as Florian.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

After 5 years on the east coast, it was time to go home.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I think the main reason to believe the map is fake is how bad the fake names are. They would take a real world location and just change one letter. Like Anizona instead of Arizona.

e: it was Azirona, but still

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Daggerfall was mostly randomly generated so it doesn't really count.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I have seen the future of GTA and it is Desert Bus.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Having just replayed TBoGT my method was just to spazz out and spam missiles everywhere. Worked better than the machine guns.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I think those look legit and I think it says absolutely nada about playing as multiple people. Plenty of the people in that kind of art in all the previous games and RDR were either nobody or side characters.

I just think its too big of a coincidence that the two characters they chose for this artwork are the same two characters that continually show up in the screenshots.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Avocados posted:

I played SA (PC version) for the first time last year. It gets a bit easier. The start of the game was pretty hard and ridiculous. Once a significant thing happens and you're in a new landmass, things get interesting. The variety of characters, personalities, and gameplay opens up. Difficulty drops a bit too, except a few certain missions from Zero. (I was able to beat the game without finishing his infamous Supply Lines mission).

Honestly, the more time passes the more I appreciate the Los Santos portions of San Andreas.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Trevor should just have a stuffed Bigfoot head on his wall and it should just never be addressed or explained.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I think there are plenty of GTAV missions that would be seen just as difficult if checkpoints didn't make things more convenient.

• Locked thread