Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Crackerman posted:

Is it really sad and fanboyish of me to just want GTA V to essentially be a remake of Vice City on the new engine? (yes).

Something like... this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H15lnSD2f5w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

sholin posted:

Are there any good solutions for playing 3/VC windowed? SA has a DX9 proxy DLL, but the other games use DX8, and forcing it windowed with 3danalyzer just doesn't work.

(I like to multitask :()

You could give D3DWindower a go, I think I remember reading people got the GTA games to work with it. You can get a (partly translated) english version here.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Eel hovercraft posted:

Awesome, San Andreas seems to just get stuck in a seemingly infinite loop of UAC prompts when I try to launch it. Tried verifying the game data and Steam redownloaded ~1 gig of data but it didn't help at all. I also tried disabling UAC temporarily and it still didn't launch. All drivers are up to date as well.

Any idea what the problem might be? Specs are:

Windows 7 64bit
i5 2400
4gb RAM
Radeon 6850HD

Have you tried setting gta-sa.exe to run as administrator?

• Locked thread