Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.

Starhawk64 posted:

Either they're taking their time with the PC port to ensure it's not a buggy unoptimized mess like GTA4 was or decided that it's not worth porting to PC, explains why Red Dead Redemption hasn't come out for PC yet and why I still have to keep my 360 around for it.

Actually they already explained why RDR didn't get a PC release. It was developed by R* San Diego (While GTA games are made by the much larger Rockstar North studio, and V in particular also had help from the other studios on top of North's work from what I've heard) and basically has code that would be impossible to port over to the PC without a complete rewrite and barely holds together on consoles as it is. Revolver also never got a PC release.

Meanwhile, the only GTA games that haven't gotten a PC release are the portable spinoffs. Rockstar is likely still waiting for a more opportune time when A) the market is less saturated with hype for stuff like Watch Dogs and B) they've gotten the inevitably-disappointing Heists out the door. Or maybe they're waiting until they finally all agree to follow Blizzard and actually realize and own up to the fact that their lovely scummy awful Shark card crap ruins what could be an actually fun game.

Why yes I am still bitter about GTAO how could you tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread