Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
After playing Max Payne 3, I am even more excited for GTA V, if they only keep some of the shooting mechanics and at least the window destruction, the next GTA is going to be even more awesome than it already is going to be.
I would actually free up two hundred GB just for GTA V if they asked me to. Of course no one could market a product like that and retail wouldn't work either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
Can anyone recommend a realyl good looking ENB/iCE config that works with ELS?

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
I would certainly give you space :v:

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

Knightmare posted:

The FPS mod has made me walk quite a bit more this time around. Same with mouse freelook while driving. It's amazing some of the stuff I'm seeing that I haven't before (also haven't played this since it came out on the 360 so I've forgotten a bit). Like I never noticed NPCs using ATMs before, and that they drop $200+ in cash. A decent chunk of money in the early-game. I like to skulk around ATMs, follow someone who uses it, and knife them for it since gunshots attract cops.

For the other dude playing with the FPS mod, did you ever find a decent car interiors texture pack that works?

What is this freelook while driving you are talking about, and where can I acquire it?

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

Shindragon posted:

Don't gently caress with me Rockstar! I saw that jet fighter.

I better be drat able to fly that drat thing whenever I want. :colbert:

The main cahracter is sitting in it so I am quite sure you can.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

bagmonkey posted:

So, GTA4 modding question...

I installed the iCEnhancer mod thing to make everything look super good, but am realizing I don't really NEED it installed, and the older version of Rockstar Social Club is kind of annoying since it runs. All the time. What is the quickest and easiest way to reset GTA4 back to normal without losing my save? I've been playing for about 19 hours and don't want to lose it.

And another modding question, are there any mods that deal with car handling? I know the handling debate took place a couple pages back, but any links would be cool.

Just reinstall the game and emptythe folder, this won't remove your saves.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
ice overwrites files if I'm not mistaken.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

Phuzun posted:

I don't remember it overwriting anything when I last used it. If it is on steam, you should just be able to delete them and verify the game to get those missing files.

I checked, it overwrites a lot of essential files if you want to restore the original GTA look, the timecyc files alone do some of the biggest changes.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
I hope they'll do dedicated servers this time around, I know it's unlikely, but it would still be the one thing to make Multiplayer perfect.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
Wasn't some dumb Microsoft contract leaked which says R* isn't allowed to even talk about a PC version till the exclusivity time runs out or something?

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

They're all 720p. Pretty much all console games to date are 720p. Hmmm.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

wa27 posted:

GTA5 confirmed for consoles you heard it here first.

Nah it just makes we wonder if there's a reason they are releasing the screenshots in 720p.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

crunk and white posted:

I've noticed that a lot of people seem to be cheating in free mode, and that this cheating almost always makes the game more fun. Are there any dedicated cheaters itt who can help me have the most fun cheating center?

Play on PC and get Simple Native Trainer. This will keep xou going at least a year.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

lovely Treat posted:

You need to use xlive wrapper or xliveless to get them to work.
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=388680

You wont be able to play online multiplayer anymore though.

This is wrong I have a 100 % savegame installed with windows live

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

fuckpot posted:

Please to be explaining how? I tried the posted method but after putting the xlive wrapper in the directory the game won't start.

I don't exactly remember, there was some tool for it I think, that would copy it in the right places and poo poo.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

NOTinuyasha posted:

Scuba diving better be a thing.

I am considering every detail in this trailer to be an intentional verification that they are implementing it. I think they are aware of this after the dog thing back in the day. Also I think they verified submarines or something.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
In the first few instances the police lightbars seemed pretty bad. Ill have to look more into this, they better not gently caress it up.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

simosimo posted:

What are some good NON GRAPHICAL mods for iv/eflc just to muck around in?

I've got the first person mod and I love just walking and driving around, but I have no divine purpose.

Is there a mod that spawns random missions or something? Lcpdfr gets it right I guess but there must be a non cop thing floating around.

Theres a paramedic mod. Normal people dont walk around and get missions.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
You know, the variety and detail on the police lightbars makes me think they picked up on the huge GTA Police Community, but from the short glimpses we got at flash patterns it seems they hosed them up pretty severly which kinda contradicts it.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

Long Francesco posted:

I hope someone here knows how the hell I can get my copy of gta4 to work. I bought it in 08 from direct2drive which seems to have been bought out by gamefly. I remember when i got it they just had me download an iso and install and it worked, 2 computers later and none of my old game files I want to play it again. I don't have any way to get the file I downloaded originally, their new site just wants me to buy it on steam. I dug through my old emails and found this:

So how do I get the files I need to install the game, and where do I use this key? I don't think getting the isos from a torrent would work without a bunch of dubious cracks and crap and that wouldn't be a legit install anyway.

Download the iso from a nice friend (they are not precracked btw) and then install, jsut activate with your key. Both the activator and GFWL will ask for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
Im so happy that I can at least keep my Onlime character.
1. The money they gave us
2. All my lovely cars.

• Locked thread