Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Bovineicide posted:

Speaking of which, are there any mods that improve the aiming controls of IV? I've been spoiled by every game that's been released since then.

I'm pretty sure the aiming was never that bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

teethgrinder posted:

...so I just beat LA Noire last weekend...

It's the first open-world game I've actually beat since Vice City. I think the rigidity of the plot is what kept me focused. Also I wanted to beat the game IN SPITE OF IT. I've never felt so bi-polar about a game before. Loved the 1947 Los Angeles recreation, much of the acting, the facial animation, some of the plots ... loving hated the interrogations, some of the plots, most of the overarching plot etc. drat game was so uneven.

I think the biggest problem it had was that it was just too drat long. Needed less or quicker missions to make it easier to polish and a more even experience. I also suspect that certain plots didn't work out as well as they hoped, but after they'd already done the voice-recording/expensive motion cap. Because of how expensive their process was they were presumably stuck with it.

The adultery part was some loving terrible writing. I mean, where the gently caress did that come from?

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

teethgrinder posted:

It was sort of (very) thinly implied that there was something going on in a much earlier cutscene, but the main problem is that we knew absolutely zilch about his loving family making it hard to relate to or care.
This is really what I meant to say. You hardly knew anything about Cole Phelps' personal life at all. Suddenly this is supposed to evoke something out of the player.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench posted:

Did anyone ever make a mod for GTAIV that makes all pedestrians hate/attack you including cars trying to ram you nonstop? That was one of my favorite cheats from GTA:SA and from Saints Row 2.
There's something like that. It's called the Ambient Wars mod. Doesn't turn all pedestrians into assholes, though.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Nov 17, 2012

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

I was under the impression that the versions beyond 1.0.3.0 are moddable.

EDIT: It seems to me, that there is only one version of EFLC. The vanilla game, however, has several versions with 1.0.7.0 being the last moddable version.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 17, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

I've read that the video editor suite is coming back. If that's true, then I can't wait to see what people come up with come PC release and the proceeding years.

• Locked thread