Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
(I'm assuming there's not a separate GTA 4 thread anywhere-- apologies if there is and this is in the wrong place!)

I just impulse-bought GTA IV since it was on-sale on Steam, partly because I fondly remember hurtling around a weird digital simulacrum of New York City at friends' houses, and partly because I just played through Saints Row III and IV and am in the middle of Sleeping Dogs, so I've been interested in how cities are represented in open world games. Is there some way to just unlock the whole city to gently caress around in so I can poke around and explore without having to sit through the whole tedious storyline? Or import an endgame save? Or something? I don't really have time to play yet another long single player campaign right now, and I tend to hate Rockstar's writing anyway, but I still want to go exploring or whatever.

This probably sounds really stupid, I know. But I've been interested in open worlds lately! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread