Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Himuro posted:

This is why when playing III it's best to do ambulance missions at the beginning of the game before you ever enrage the Triads or the Diablos'. Same for Firetruck missions and Vigilante.
Aww yeah. I remember ambulance missions were the only thing I had left to do. I eventually beat it by using the "repair vehicle" cheat excessively :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I actually thought the VC ambulance missions were pretty fair (especially in "Miami Beach"). Having a full map to see where to go made a huge difference - although, that time I actually remembered to do it early.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

I have a LOT of new games to play, old games to finish and assorted other things to do with my life, but I'll be damned if I'm not feeling the itch to play SA again, if only to gently caress around in the countryside while Catalina screams abuse at me. :)
This, very much. I played it back on PS2 where pretty much all my romances bugged out, then I did a thorough playthrough on PC.

Are there any recommended mods (mostly prettifying ones) for SA? It does look a bit dated, but that won't keep me. I briefly looked on the usual GTA mod forums/sites and there's a lot of stuff but I have no idea how useful the mods are, and many of the graphics improvements look like they just made cars more shiny.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Just curious, what's so special about "third person" games that needs a controller for optimal control?

Almost everything that's not an exclusive goes on my PC and I very rarely feel like a gamepad would make the experience better, with the exception of car/aircraft controls for which the little brother of the joystick and steering wheel is often better suited by design.

But general movement/view control/ability activation? Really? And no, terrible/lazy implementations of kb+m controls don't count.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I can't even remember Death Row. Was reading up on wikia and still couldn't remember doing that. Weird.

• Locked thread