Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Acid Jerk posted:

The moment that Grand theft auto is set in another country, it will no longer be grand theft auto. The point of grand theft auto, from its characters an stories, even its radio stations, is that it is a satire on America and American culture.

GTA: London 1969 was pretty rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It's really no different than:

Get rare car from mission.

Never loving drive it because you want to keep it.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

As long as they give the main character Rico's grappling hooks and parachute from Just Cause 2 they can make the map as big as they want.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I thought if I posted that III was too big I would have to defend it, well I'm surprised.

If they just remade the map from III with a sick engine and a ton of interiors I think I would never put the game down.

Then they could.... make that tunnel accessible!

EDIT: Oh poo poo wasn't it accessible in Libery City Stories and underwhelming?

Also, as I'm typing a shallow post... I think moving up to Five would be substantial if they got snow working good. Could be a really fun element.

The Dave fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Oct 27, 2011

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Shindragon posted:

Speaking of snow. Either I"m remembering something wrong, but wasn't in SA when CJ goes back to LC for one mission, it had snow? (it didn't snow though I remember that)

Would love to see snow in a factor. Oh man just imagine getting chased down by cops in the snow. That would be a bitch.

edit: drat it I have work today. Quit trying to make me pop in GTA 3 you guys!

Yup when CJ takes the plane over everything is covered in snow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLGzXWmlwCg

It's probably the only plot point I remember from San Andreas.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah I missed out on the GTA3 outfit and was pisssssed. Didn't have a save point to revert back to.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Cage posted:

They said trailer, not teaser.

GTA4s trailer was all kinds of awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evM8Dlssf2A

I thought this was GTA4's first trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M80K51DosFo

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Even with the same gen engine as 4 if the environment is huge and varied they will get away with a scenic trailer. I really can't imagine story or characters being featured that much.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Cage posted:

Ive always lumped this into the teaser category but I could be wrong.

I would say anything that shows game content = trailer.

Now if it was just black bg and text with some music saying "Coming 2012" then I wouls say teaser.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Colon Parenthesis posted:

pass 7 mins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ByBpD6o4rE

gently caress that, Rise FM all the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj9uHk5WLDw

EDIT: STAYIN UP FOREVA. WITH RISE.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

They don't even have a <720 option to try and get more of it quickly do they?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Wow, that looked loving fantastic. So much life in that city.

Direct Link:
http://videos.rockstargames.com/streams/V-en_us-trailer1-mp4-1280.mp4

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

KFCB posted:

I wasn't quite sure if they were going to swerve us with Vice City until the three guys taking their picture in front of Mount Chilidad showed up.

Yeah the opening was definitely a Vice City fakeout.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I really like the stuff like all the dudes standing around that underpass, the homeless guys, the change in tone from the bright and upperclass areas and the urban decay areas.

Expectations are through the roof right now.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Senator Woofington posted:

=0maybe with some farm/country but it ultimately still looks like a city,

I don't know look at all the mountains behind the city:
http://i.imgur.com/ZG3AP.png

They aren't just going to put an invisible wall there. Obviously you also have this:
http://i.imgur.com/NEtgX.jpg

So I think there will be a lot of farm / country.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

drat look at how much mountain there is.

The Dave fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Nov 2, 2011

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

wa27 posted:

It's also funny how all these "leaks" come out after the trailer is released, when anybody could just be making stuff up based on what's already been shown. The real way to leak information would be to post it all a couple days before the trailer so everyone believes you after the trailer comes out and confirms lots of the stuff you said.

Yeah that's what gets me. There was absolutely no leaked information until Rockstar announced a trailer was going to happen and then all of a sudden people start to talk? How convenient.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I was wondering, have images ever actually leaked out from Rockstar?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Chinatown Wars was the only thing I played on my iPhone until I beat it. Really enjoyed it.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'm pretty sure I would never play those GTA games again, but that deal is so ridiculous I'm thinking about getting it.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

If the original assets weren't made at a high res I know I wouldn't want to spend time retexturing everything.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Pablo Gigante posted:

That hasn't stopped any other developers from releasing HD ports with the original textures!

Ah well my mistake then. The only classic games ive ever bought were Xbox live remakes.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I really loved ramming the gently caress out of cop cars in Chinatown Wars to lose my wanted level.

Would be nice.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Only if it's the aforementioned one hit kill Mafia guys. Someone comes and punches me they best be packin'.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

yerrow peril posted:

Why would you ever want to switch characters if you're only making GBS threads over what you've already accomplished with a previous one?

Because it would be fun to hop between the guy with it all vs. the guy with everyone against him. It's all about how you balance it.

I think a lot of people got the multi-character vibe from the GTA V trailer.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Those missions were horrible. The only time I used the taxi wa to get through them as quickly as possible.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

At least when you got to Shoreside Vale it had the air port.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

BiggestOrangeTree posted:

Have there been any statements as to whether GTA5 on the PC will be optimized for contemporary PC systems or if it will be GTA4 deal?

The only information on GTA5 is the trailer.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Rockstar said they will used the gangs concept from Max Payne 3 in GTAV. Other than there has literally been nothing said about the game other than the trailer.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Nothing made me happier than the smashing cop cars to lose heat. It really changed the way I viewed heat.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Zedicus Mann posted:

In other news, all GTA games are discounted today on Steam

That's really tempting even if I never play any of them.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'm weary of it only because you're telling me Rockstar would just e-mail them an acceptance and not call? And if all their interns didn't have NDAs they would be leaking information all the time. Just doesn't add up to me.

The Dave fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Aug 16, 2012

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Where is there an october mark on the numberplate?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

drat my eyes are shot, nice pick up.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Miguel Prado posted:

two more screens are up on the official site!

No?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah my GTA garages have always been a situation of cars I thought were awesome that I could never drive. Always hated it.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I would gush over something ridiculous like late in the game having a 2 floor parking garage and being able to walk by all the ridiculous cars I've collected and picking out what I want and speeding off, knowing all of those cars are accessible forever (have an option to delete from garage).

Oh hey fantasizing already.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Jesus titty loving Christ.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Was just about to post the tennis court and bike pics, I want this now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

SNARF SNARF SNARF posted:

The trailer was cool as were the screenshots, but until you show me gameplay, I can't help but feel like this is going to be another GTA 4

We have bikes, planes, and parachuting confirmed with amazing looking environments. They've shown enough to prove this isn't 'another GTA 4'.

• Locked thread