Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crackerman
Jun 23, 2005

Der Luftwaffle posted:

Vice City will always be my favourite because it was the only game where I could use the handbrake on the Cheetah to perfectly drift around corners.

Yeah I became a master of beautiful handbrake turns in a variety of the cars because I played that game so much.

Is it really sad and fanboyish of me to just want GTA V to essentially be a remake of Vice City on the new engine? (yes).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crackerman
Jun 23, 2005

Himuro posted:

But looking at the supposedly leaked character profiles for gta5, we're going to be playing as cops this time. I truly think that would put a great spin on the formula.

I totally missed this but I've been wanting a GTA where you play as a cop for years. I love the idea of starting out as an idealistic rookie and getting progressively more jaded and corrupt as the story unfolds.

Convex posted:

Something like... this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H15lnSD2f5w

I really wish I was into PC gaming sometimes.

I still remember my first experience with GTA 3 at a friends house when I was 17 and being totally blown away by the big, open, violent sandbox city. It was really unlike anything I'd played before and none of them have quite recreated the experience since, although I've loved most of them. Even 4 which I still play off and on just driving around causing minor trouble like pushing people down stairs.

I really wish GTA4 had the Saints Row 2 throw though.

Crackerman
Jun 23, 2005

I still want my corrupt cop GTA. You start off as an idealist, straight-shooting good cop but get ruined and end up a huge corrupt dick at the end of the story, except with no consequences for your character whatsoever, you just get to revel in the horrible corruption.

GTA: Port of Call New Orleans.

• Locked thread