Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The series will never surprise me at being incredibly buggy. Most bugs are the fun kind if annoying.
Vice City will still be my favorite for having the best music and characters with personality (and dickhead) instead of saying gently caress you's and this'.

Instead of going into a rant I cut out, I hate that upcoming games basically force people to upgrade to quad-cores faster than they did to dual-cores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Discount Viscount posted:

Man, modding the car stats in GTA2 was insanely easy and fun. I liked making the cop cars explode at the drop of a hat, and also have crazy squirrely handling. Car chases were hilarious with that. Then you got to the mission where you have to drive one.

I played the GTA2 demo a hell of a lot when we got our first real computer. When I finally got tired of exploding after five minutes, hilarious though it was, I found a crack to remove the time limit and went to town. Then when I found the big box version on clearance at EB some years later I was a bit disappointed the announcer voice was different from the demo, but oh so glad I finally got to drive that tank.

Did anyone ever play much of the GTA2 multi? I finally got a chance to with a friend and it seemed like it had potential with the full six people.
I had a LAN game with more people than that. It was my introduction to GTA and it was awesome. Things were surprisingly calm when there were isolated shootouts and car chases, then someone eventually rolls in with a tank and people clear the road with haste.
I still fear seeing a tank in each new GTA in case an NPC uses it to fire rockets instead of lazily ramming you.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Cojawfee posted:

The problem with Integrity 2.0 is that the whole thing is about five minutes long. And no matter when I tune into it, it's always at the hotdog vendor part. An actual full fledged station with Lazlow would be amazing.
I had the same issue with GTAIII and driving a vehicle in the third island. It is always "rush, rush" like it was the only song rich people listened to.
VC had the best songs anyway and driving anywhere wouldn't result in random instant death.

• Locked thread