Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Also Odd: The guy was meticulous about picking up his spent casings, yet left cigarette and cigar butts everywhere.

He was saving money. The casings can be re-used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
http://stimie.net/

I think these all qualify. Not my site, I just found it and wanted to share.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

KozmoNaut posted:

I've run over more pigeons than I can count.

I figure if they're too loving dumb to get out of the way, it's their own drat fault.

There's something wrong with your brain.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Big Hairy Wah posted:

A friend and I were driving along a notoriously dangerous road in the pissing rain once when we saw another car come over the next hill, swerve out onto the wrong side of the road, then back onto the verge before righting itself. We thought maybe they'd just lost traction on the wet surface, but as the car passed we saw the real reason. The driver was putting on eyeliner. I think it's the single most stupid thing I've ever seen.

Back in high school I was once driving on the freeway with some friends when one of the guys in the backseat said something like "Holy poo poo, look at that." We all look over to the right and see this guy in a pickup slide past us--and I'm in the left lane, so I'm going 80, this guy's easily doing 95 or 100--with his windows all the way down, steering with his knees, and rocking the gently caress out on a flute. I roll down the passenger window a bit and we can hear, over the wind and engine noise, this guy playing something on the flute that sounds like something out of a Zelda game. He catches us all staring at him and starts headbanging, then slides through ahead of us, weaving through the lanes.

Where was he in such a hurry to get? Why did he need to be playing the flute? How was he working the pedals? Was he using cruise control so he could steer with the knees and keep both hands free for the flute?

:wtc:

A little later I caught the less flat-out bizarre but still kind of surreal sight of a guy driving on the freeway in a bright red Chevy Blazer with no doors, wearing a tuxedo and sunglasses. Not going super fast or anything, he just needed to get somewhere in his tuxedo, in his Blazer, with no doors. Not even the kind of car where it's meant to not have doors; you could see where the doors had been before somebody unscrewed them and left the bare mounting.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I guess the fact that I didn't quite say :wtc: to this is a sign I'm getting used to seeing weird poo poo, but there's no "Post your moments of 'huh, okay'" thread.

I was pulling into a parking lot this morning and a young couple had just walked by on the sidewalk. As I'm getting off my bike I notice that the girl has a raccoon tail peeking out from under her skirt. 'Huh.' I think. Well, whatever. As I'm getting off my bike and locking it up I see them walk up to the door of an apartment and knock. There's a short conversation with someone inside the apartment and then a middle-aged woman in full wizard's robes comes out. They're still talking, starting to walk off together, when the woman turns and whistles. There's rustling in the bushes and a small child--I'd say between four and eight, it was hard to tell exactly--comes running out to join them. They all walk off together.

'Well.' I think. 'Okay, sure.' :geno:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

PhotoKirk posted:

I went SNUBAing in Belize a few years back. While I was flailing around like a jerk, er, I mean swimming gracefully, I heard the tour guy tapping on his tank to get my attention. He pointed at me, pointed at something near him and pantomimed taking a picture (he knew I had my underwater camera). I swam over to him and looked where he was pointing.

Lionfish. Probably about the size of a football, but to me it was A GIANT POISONOUS SEA BEAST OF DOOM.

Remember the scene in Hunt for Red October when the submarine shot up to the surface and out of the water? That was me, followed by a brief Jesus impression as I walked across the water to dry land. When I later asked the guide if those are indeed poisonous, he just shrugged, smiled, and said "It was only a little one."

For future reference, lionfish are:

-not poisonous enough to really kill you
-only sting through defensive spines on their back, so just don't touch them anyway
-an invasive species in the Caribbean, and thus exempt from many marine preservation laws
-tasty

The dive guides down in the Antilles would carry these little things that were like captive spearguns, just a spring-loaded spear in a PVC pipe so it's short-range and reusable. The lionfish aren't afraid of you like most fish are because they're used to being inedible, so you just swim up to them, draw back the spring, and let go. Then they either put the lionfish-kebab in a bag to clean and cook later, or take out your dive knife and cut it into bits right there so you can watch the local fish eat the non-spine bits of the invader.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Rah! posted:

Yes, SF is completely full of insane fat men with giant decepticon tattoos on their foreheads. In fact, according to the census, a full 50% of the population are "fatcepticons".

:wtc: You really think that's a common sight anywhere?

I believe he was trying to say, "Was this by any chance in San Francisco? I think I might know that dude."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Exit Strategy posted:

I used to invite them in for a cup of tea and listen to their spiel, while patiently cleaning a firearm.

Now I just ignore the door. Thanks, IP camera.

Congrats on being even weirder than them, then.

• Locked thread