Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fargin Icehole posted:

^^^^^^^^
EDIT: Yeah, I love the how the whole schtick to Freespace is that alot of the time, things don't go according to plan.

The famous last SOC mission (DIVE DIVE DIVE HIT YOUR BURNERS PILOT!) was the final nail on the head. Sathanas number 7, number 8... number 9 just jumped out. It really let you know just how hosed you were.

In the last missions they're almost blocking the sun. The scope of it all is so much. Hell, for the longest time I wasn't aware you could survive the last mission, I usually got caught defending as many ships as I could until the end and never focused on reaching the gate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

I added a coolio video to the OP for people who want to see the game in action

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

The_White_Crane posted:

I just have to recommend Derelict.
A complete (very long) user made semi-sequel campaign, of a quality largely comparable to the original game. It also includes full voice acting which is (shock horror) actually not completely poo poo!
Some voice acting may be a little poo poo.

This was the thing that kind of killed my FS2O install a few years ago. However, I think I probably messed up the install back then, rather than it being the campaign's fault.

I'll give it another shot, thanks!

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

The_White_Crane posted:

A complete (very long) user made semi-sequel campaign, of a quality largely comparable to the original game. It also includes full voice acting which is (shock horror) actually not completely poo poo!

I did some of the voice acting for this.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

The_White_Crane posted:

Any excuse to replay the best game ever made (well that or Independence War 2, but probably not, but if you haven't played it and you like FS2 you'd probably love I-War 2), looks like I'll be reinstalling again!

Seriously though if you've never played this game and you have even a remote interest in fighter games you need to check this out. As has been mentioned there is just literally nothing else that has been released that is just the full package of all-encompassing exceptional quality. Plot, Graphics (at the time, they still are pretty good with FSO), Plot, Audio, Voice Work, Plot, UI, Immersion, Scale. Pretty much anything you can think of is loving amazing.

Also watching that video reminded me of my worst fear in video-games. *Wsssssshhh Fsssshhhh Wsssshhhh Fssssshhhhhh* The sound of anti-fighter beams *shudders*.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

RentACop posted:

Sync and Transcend are wonderful, though Transcend runs into "people talk" *wave of ships* "people talk" *wave of ships* "people talk" *warp out* missions fairly often
The worst part of Transcend is they stick you in a Herc 2 the entire campaign. If you're going to stick me in a Herc, at least give me a Herc 1, cause Herc 1s rock (Herc 1 crew for life). That is of course if I'm thinking of the right mod. It's the one with the ghost ship and poo poo right?

Oh yeah and FS2 rocks if you don't have it go buy it now.

Insert name here fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 14, 2011

SSJ Reeko
Nov 4, 2009
I'd love to play this, I even bought it, but Freepsace 2 is pretty much unplayable for me for the most part. Too black, things are too small and too fast, just looking at it makes me tired and frustrated. I don't know why I can't enjoy it, I really feel like I'm missing out. Granted I have this same issue with all space games; X3:TC (the only game I even feel like I wasted money on), Tie Fighter, Tychon (the thing with Bruce Campell), Freelancer, that Project Syphilis thing on 360, ect. I've played them all, I even bought a nice flight stick.

I can't play a space game without feeling overwhelmed with visuals and controls and end up either falling asleep within minutes or quitting from frustrations. When I look at controls and see like 3 pages of key combinations, I usually just forget about the whole thing.My ability to visually focus has been poo poo for awhile now, so with so few identifiable landmarks and so much empty space, it all becomes a blur to me.

The only space games I can enjoy are the Wing Commander games, probably because of how simple they are to control or the ships being much easier to pick out. I love Ace Combat and normal flying games, but I just can't get space games to work for me. Anyone have any suggestions on how to enjoy space games if you haven't really been able to before? Any tips to keep yourself from getting disoriented and turned around? Sometimes I feel like I just can't wrap my head around 'em, which makes me feel kinda dumb. I wanna shoot lasers at big ships too. :(

Though I imagine the number 1 answer would be to get better glasses.

SSJ Reeko fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Apr 15, 2011

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

SSJ Reeko posted:

:words:

You might want to take a look at Independence War 2. It was designed first with the Dreamcast in mind, and though that port was cancelled, they took all the best ideas from that effort and made a really elegant flight model and control scheme, while retaining a lot of the great complexity of Newtonian flight. That, and the semi-open nature of the game allows you to get used to the flight model and ship systems before diving head-first into battles. I harbor a hope that IWar2 could have been as big a hit as FS2 is these days, if only they had made the engine open source, it still has so much potential :(

Back on topic, one thing that kind of bugs me about Freespace is the yo-yoing I get when I try to target an enemy ship. I swing my ship toward theirs and it's a major loving effort to get my crosshair to zero in on the lead indicator, it's like I have to just swing back and forth with my ship until I get it just right, and by then, they've moved. I can't seem to fix this with fiddling with my sensitivity and dead zones, and the stick works great with other flight sims like IL-2 and Independence War 2. Is this just how Freespace plays?

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
I really want to like Iwar2 more than FS2. It's beautiful, it's got a fantastic atmosphere, the soundtrack is amazing, the way the ships handle feels ten times more authentically spacey than any other space game, combat is graceful and visceral at the same time, and yet it's all ruined because that game will mercilessly savage you at the slightest drop of the hat (And it's pretty broken on top of that)

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

ShineDog posted:

I really want to like Iwar2 more than FS2. It's beautiful, it's got a fantastic atmosphere, the soundtrack is amazing, the way the ships handle feels ten times more authentically spacey than any other space game, combat is graceful and visceral at the same time, and yet it's all ruined because that game will mercilessly savage you at the slightest drop of the hat (And it's pretty broken on top of that)

Not to derail, but how is it broken?

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!

RentACop posted:

It's hilarious to me that there are a small section of space sim fans who not only don't like Freespace but who blame it for the death of the genre. I haven't seen any on SA but they pop up every now and again on other sites like RPS.

Never actually seen that said anywhere. Usually the saying goes something like this:

"On September 29th 1999 the space combat sim genre died. On September 30th, FreeSpace 2 was released."

Not sure why people would blame FreeSpace for killing the genre when FS2 sold extremely poorly at release.

I still maintain that FreeSpace 2 is the best space combat sim ever, and a very strong contender for best game ever as well. I'm playing through it again now for the n-th time. I've never played it online, but even so my pilot rank was Admiral before I lost my saves in a reformat.

Give me an Erinyes with full banks of Kayser UD-8's and I'll make the universe my bitch!

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless

Luigi Thirty posted:

That mission pack blew. Infinite respawning Lokis :suicide:

Just so you everyone is aware of this, there's a 'Silent Threat' remake called 'Silent Threat Reborn' for Freespace 2 Open - you can find it here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/silent-threat-reborn

It's a very well-made fan campaign that stays fairly true to the original while eliminating a bunch of stuff that made it rubbish. I strongly recommend playing it as a replacement for the original 'Silent Threat'.

Oh, and I've been playing Freespace 2 Open and various mods for years (still got my old CDs!) and consider it the best action game ever.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Speaking of custom mods and campaigns, how long has Blackwater Operations been 'in progress' for? I doubt it's ever going to come out. Last I heard they were still working on it but they were having to update everything to the newest SCP builds in order to make use of all the new features and enhancements that'd come along in the many years they'd been making it.

It's almost like DNF where they had to keep rebuilding it because technology kept advancing and other games were doing cool poo poo and they just had to include x, y and z and so on and so forth.

edit: Basically, they should do what happened with Derelict (yes, I know, it was released prior to the SCP). Release BWO (providing its in a playable state) and then upgrade it to SCP. That just makes so much more sense in my mind.

Wing Commander Saga, however, is excellent and I can't wait for the full release. It really captures the feel of Wing Commander and is just incredible. In my mind it contrasts with, even though I'm a huge Babylon 5 fan, The Babylon Project which I've never liked as much as I thought I would (and I've been following it since before their first release). There was just something... off about it and it never truly felt like the show. I also think it was hampered by them never developing a good, well-made campaign. Raider Wars was kind of boring.

Just Another Day is pretty good, too. It's a joke campaign that's similar to Deus Ex Machina.

And Transcend and Sync that have already been mentioned are pretty amazing. Apparently there's a third in the series being worked on.

Milkfred E. Moore fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Apr 15, 2011

Foodchain
Oct 13, 2005

The best part of FS2 is how it immerses you in the atmosphere. I love how you're not always playing the role of the main guy commanding a gigantic ship. More often than not you're playing a tiny bomber responsible for knocking out cannons on the enemy dreadnought while it battles a friendly dreadnought. Dodge gigantic lasers from both ships as you zoom around doing strafing runs to disable the weapons systems of the enemy capital. The amount of turrets you disable will make the subsequent mission easier or harder depending how well you did.

With graphics update mods that game has aged exceptionally well. If you're looking at this saying "pffff this old piece of poo poo probably sucks it looks like poo poo" give it a chance. You'll be really surprised at how fun this game is.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

People in this thread, as it turns out, aren't the only ones who would like a sequel. Although, really, that just makes the fact that it probably won't happen that much more depressing. Also, the OP really needs to include the intro movie, that thing still sends chills down my spine.

Profanity posted:

God I loving love me some Freespace 1/2. The beam cannon charge up and fire sound is forever ingrained into my mind as a poo poo is going down sound.

Oh god, this is so true.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
For anyone wanting to use a 360 controller, check out Xpadder. Goons are always recommending it for games that don't natively support the 360 pad. You can map all sorts of tap/hold toggles, macros, timers, individual thumbstick settings, pretty much anything.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Baggins posted:

Never actually seen that said anywhere. Usually the saying goes something like this:

"On September 29th 1999 the space combat sim genre died. On September 30th, FreeSpace 2 was released."

Whiny Wing Commander fans who can't bear to think that Prophecy sucking rear end was the reason they didn't get a sequel.

I'm absolutely serious, that's where I've heard this statement made in all seriousness. Some of the staffers at the WC CIC have said it more than once, that they blame FS2 for 'killing' the genre ... never mind Prophecy, Starlancer, XWA, all subpar and all also not selling for beans. But hey, facts. Inconvenient things.

They are all wrong. FS2 owns.

also, Ares > Erinyes. Sorry man.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
Freespace 1 and 2 owns so drat hard. I still have both games lying around somewhere and this thread makes me want to install them again. I don't keep my eye on mods that much, but the one the OP posted sounds worthy of download.

I really wish whoever owns the rights to the game releases it on Steam as it would make things much more convenient.

Also cheers for this game for not having to use a joystick as I'm currently out of one of those.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Androc posted:

Also, the OP really needs to include the intro movie, that thing still sends chills down my spine.

Good idea, it's there now

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

ijii posted:

I really wish whoever owns the rights to the game releases it on Steam as it would make things much more convenient.

GoG is about twice as convenient as Steam, and that takes some doing. Do it. Six dollars or having to hunt down discs? Choice is clear.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Insert name here posted:

The worst part of Transcend is they stick you in a Herc 2 the entire campaign. If you're going to stick me in a Herc, at least give me a Herc 1, cause Herc 1s rock (Herc 1 crew for life). That is of course if I'm thinking of the right mod. It's the one with the ghost ship and poo poo right?

Yeah that's the one. Transcend is really neat because through use of clever scripting and audio work it induces tension and fear in a way I didn't think was possible for a space sim. Still does have rough patches though.

quote:

Whiny Wing Commander fans who can't bear to think that Prophecy sucking rear end was the reason they didn't get a sequel.

I'm absolutely serious, that's where I've heard this statement made in all seriousness. Some of the staffers at the WC CIC have said it more than once, that they blame FS2 for 'killing' the genre ... never mind Prophecy, Starlancer, XWA, all subpar and all also not selling for beans. But hey, facts. Inconvenient things.

Exactly. I love wing commander but even if we were intellectually dishonest enough to blame the death of a genre on any one thing, Chris Roberts would be about a hundred times more culpable than Freespace.

And also exactly on the Ares supremacy.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Was Prophecy really bad? I only played it when it was released but I really liked it at the time (I was like 8 years old)

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Was Prophecy really bad? I only played it when it was released but I really liked it at the time (I was like 8 years old)

Prophecy wasn't a bad game so much that it paled in comparison to Wing Commander 4 and was a huge step backwards for the series in terms of the dynamic campaign and production values, but I don't know where you would have gone after WC4 anyway. The FMV genre was dead (thank god) and the WC storyline was pretty much wrapped up.

Plus there was no Hobbes. gently caress that.

Also XWA owns gently caress this gently caress you :mad:

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Apr 15, 2011

hrolf
Nov 28, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Does FS2 have multiplayer?

Burns
May 10, 2008

drat, drat I miss this game. There are some missions which still send chills down my back, like the mission where you have to defend the Space Station against Bombers, chasing their nukes, and then a bunch of Capital Ships jumping into the fray, and then when all seems lost till the Colossus is unveiled.. and its massive guns. Watching the ship die later was such a moment...

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

doctorfrog posted:

Not to derail, but how is it broken?

Midway through the game, broken mission that ends progress. I think you can get hacked saves that let you past though. I had a loving metric shitton of scripting bugs outside of that though. Maybe I just got unlucky though.

Apparently it doesn't work on Vista/Win7 systems using Nvidia cards either, according to GoG, or I would give it another go.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

hrolf posted:

Does FS2 have multiplayer?

Yes but I seriously doubt if it has any activity at this point. If I recall it was a destroy the enemy's cruiser first type of thing.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Skyl3lazer posted:

Yes but I seriously doubt if it has any activity at this point. If I recall it was a destroy the enemy's cruiser first type of thing.

That was one of the modes, they also had co-op missions, free for all in space, team deathmatch in space, a few others.

But basically unless you organize a group of people, you're not getting anywhere. FSOpen has a replacement for the old multiplayer matchmaking service though, so at least it's still playable.

I used to work at Volition Watch while we're all dredging up old Volition memories :toot:

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Luigi Thirty posted:

Prophecy wasn't a bad game so much that it paled in comparison to Wing Commander 4 and was a huge step backwards for the series in terms of the dynamic campaign and production values, but I don't know where you would have gone after WC4 anyway. The FMV genre was dead (thank god) and the WC storyline was pretty much wrapped up.

Yeah, it was pretty much a game where no particular aspect was awful and judged alone was fine, but following a highly regarded series and at a time when Freespace had raised the bar for the genre, it just took a step backwards in almost all regards and added up to a pretty lackluster experience.

Blair being eternally MIA is almost as bad as Freespace 2's cliffhanger though story wise.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

ShineDog posted:

Midway through the game, broken mission that ends progress. I think you can get hacked saves that let you past though. I had a loving metric shitton of scripting bugs outside of that though. Maybe I just got unlucky though.

Apparently it doesn't work on Vista/Win7 systems using Nvidia cards either, according to GoG, or I would give it another go.

I haven't heard anything about either of those issues before, though a search of the GOG forums indicates that the latest NVidia drivers fixes the NVidia issue.

According to this thread: http://www.gog.com/en/forum/independence_war_series/new_nvidia_beta_drivers_with_possible_fix_for_iw2_rendering_problems/?search=nvidia

the same issues also affect "Gothic, Gothic II, Falcon 4.0: Allied Force, Links 2003, Independence War II - Edge of Chaos, and X2: Wolverine's Revenge."

Not to come off as an IWar2 apologist, but I've run into zero issues and would hate to have the game have a bad name from one disgruntled player. It's still awesome to me. (And this is my last IWar2 post, as I don't want to derail further.)

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
I remember that one broken mission in IWar 2. There was a patch to fix it (I don't know if the GoG version needs it), but I found out about it only after I got to the mission. I can't remember if the patch required you to start the game over or if you had to just not be on that mission already, but either way I had to restart and just didn't have the heart to play through the game again. I still haven't beaten it. :( I really did like the game though, maybe I'll get it through GoG and give it another go.

Psion posted:

Um, excuse me, but let me tell you how great Starlancer is. You really feel like part of the war effort with how much escorting you have to oh I can't even finish this. :smithicide:

So is this FS2 hate like a "shame FS2 ended up killing space sims" or more like a "loving VOLITION I WANT TO GO BACK IN TIME AND ERASE THEM FROM EXISTANCE" kind of rage? I guessing the latter.

Oh, and you can keep your silly ship with all it's bells and whistles, since we all know that the Hercules Mark 1 is where it's at. :c00lbert:

Skyl3lazer posted:

It has the only mode that matters: co-op. I remember playing through the FS2 campaign with friends, though that required you to download custom versions of the FS2 campaign missions that are co-opable.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

One of my favorite parts of FS2 is how cruisers are no longer a problem now that there are beam weapons. Playing FS1 after FS2 you're laughing when they're like "HOLY gently caress A FENRIS/CAIN WE'RE hosed" when in FS2 they're pretty much disposable and half the time your drat fighter has missiles big enough to blow them up singlehandedly, let alone another cruiser's beam cannon blowing it up in 30 seconds flat.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Luigi Thirty posted:

One of my favorite parts of FS2 is how cruisers are no longer a problem now that there are beam weapons. Playing FS1 after FS2 you're laughing when they're like "HOLY gently caress A FENRIS/CAIN WE'RE hosed" when in FS2 they're pretty much disposable and half the time your drat fighter has missiles big enough to blow them up singlehandedly, let alone another cruiser's beam cannon blowing it up in 30 seconds flat.
Which ships are Cruisers again? Someone needs to come up with a list from smallest to biggest for Freespace cap ship classes because I always get confused (especially after I learned the order of classes for real life ships). Like I know Destroyers are like Battleship/Carrier combos, and Corvettes are appearantly pretty powerful and up there, but other than that I don't know poo poo.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Insert name here posted:

Which ships are Cruisers again? Someone needs to come up with a list from smallest to biggest for Freespace cap ship classes because I always get confused (especially after I learned the order of classes for real life ships). Like I know Destroyers are like Battleship/Carrier combos, and Corvettes are appearantly pretty powerful and up there, but other than that I don't know poo poo.

Let's see if I can remember! :eng101:

GTF - Fighter
GTB - Bomber
GTC - Cruiser: Escorts destroyers, transports, etc. Anti-fighter platform, but heavier ones might attack other cruisers. Disposable.
GTCv - Corvette: Bigger, faster cruiser. Blockade runner. Well-armored dedicated anti-cruiser platform. The Iceni is a corvette.
GTD - Destroyer: An aircraft carrier/battleship murder machine. Hecates are decidedly better than Orions.
GTVA Colossus: Equipped with BFGreen cannons. Blows up destroyers.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Apr 15, 2011

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Psion posted:

I pretty much hold Starlancer responsible for killing the genre. I got that game for free from beta testing some Microsoft stuff and the entire game was escort missions. I got to the mission where you had to blow up the Russian supership by unloading your entire torpedo payload from about 20 feet behind it, and 1/2 the time the torps clipped through the ship and continued on.

I don't remember much about Prophecy beyond the mission where you got use that rocket booster and captial ships took 2 missions to kill for some reason.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

CitizenKain posted:

I don't remember much about Prophecy beyond the mission where you got use that rocket booster and captial ships took 2 missions to kill for some reason.

It was a throwback to WC2/TIE Fighter I guess. It took one mission to blow up the fighter cover and then you went out in bombers and blew it to hell.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

CitizenKain posted:

I pretty much hold Starlancer responsible for killing the genre. I got that game for free from beta testing some Microsoft stuff and the entire game was escort missions. I got to the mission where you had to blow up the Russian supership by unloading your entire torpedo payload from about 20 feet behind it, and 1/2 the time the torps clipped through the ship and continued on.

It's funny you should say this, because everytime someone mentions Starlancer I feel like ranting about how it's all escort missions. I've gotten to the final mission (still haven't beaten it though, gently caress that insta-kill, invincible, can hit you from 90% of the battlefield laser) and there is literally one mission where you don't have to escort something in some capacity. Ironically enough, said mission starts off with the briefing telling you you're going to escort some convoy but then you get sent off to blow poo poo up instead while another squadron takes over escort duty.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Let's see if I can remember! :eng101:

GTF - Fighter
GTB - Bomber
GTC - Cruiser: Escorts destroyers, transports, etc. Anti-fighter platform, but heavier ones might attack other cruisers. Disposable.
GTCv - Corvette: Bigger, faster cruiser. Blockade runner. Well-armored dedicated anti-cruiser platform. The Iceni is a corvette.
GTD - Destroyer: An aircraft carrier/battleship murder machine. Hecates are decidedly better than Orions.
GTVA Colossus: Equipped with BFGreen cannons. Blows up destroyers.
Really? I could have sworn there were more classes than that. Oh well, thanks anyway. Mentioning the Orion has actually made me realise I'm like the "old guard" pilot of this place. If it were up to me all you would have would be Orions and Herc 1s and you would like them. :bahgawd: (Orions look way cooler than Hecates)

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Edit: ^^^ Well, there's also Fr-Freighter, J- Juggernaught, T - Transport, SC- Science Cruiser, A -AWACS, M- Medical, G- Gas miner, I -Installation

Luigi Thirty posted:

Close, corvettes are the the Deimos, Moloch and Sobek. The Iceni is actually a step between a corvette and a destroyer, I don't remember if it had an official type but most people call it a frigate.

Luigi Thirty posted:

It was a throwback to WC2/TIE Fighter I guess. It took one mission to blow up the fighter cover and then you went out in bombers and blew it to hell.

Which is actually pretty cool if done right. Or if they invert it, like that set of Tie Fighter missions where its battle after grueling battle over the asteroid research bay and each time they strip away more of its defenses.

The Chad Jihad fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Apr 15, 2011

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Insert name here posted:

Really? I could have sworn there were more classes than that. Oh well, thanks anyway. Mentioning the Orion has actually made me realise I'm like the "old guard" pilot of this place. If it were up to me all you would have would be Orions and Herc 1s and you would like them. :bahgawd: (Orions look way cooler than Hecates)

I just posted the ones that fit into the capital ship hierarchy. There are a ton of ships for each class, too. I think there were like 5 different cruisers including the Leviathan and Lilith "we stuck a bigger beam cannon on the front and gave it 5 times as much hit points armor" versions of the Fenris and Cain.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Apr 15, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Luigi Thirty posted:

I just posted the ones that fit into the capital ship hierarchy. There are a ton of ships for each class, too. I think there were like 5 different cruisers including the Leviathan and Lilith "we stuck a bigger beam cannon on the front and gave it 5 times as much hit points armor" versions of the Fenris and Cain.
Yeah I just thought there were more than 3 classes of cap ships for some reason (other than Juggernaught). I knew there were tons of ships for each class too, but I never paid much attention to the names. Only ones I can name off the top of my head are the Hecate, Orion, Deimos (which will always be THE FS2 ship for me, by virtue of being on the box cover), Fenris, Sathanas and Colossus.

• Locked thread