Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

The_White_Crane posted:

I just have to recommend Derelict.
A complete (very long) user made semi-sequel campaign, of a quality largely comparable to the original game. It also includes full voice acting which is (shock horror) actually not completely poo poo!
Some voice acting may be a little poo poo.

Any excuse to replay the best game ever made (well that or Independence War 2, but probably not, but if you haven't played it and you like FS2 you'd probably love I-War 2), looks like I'll be reinstalling again!

Seriously though if you've never played this game and you have even a remote interest in fighter games you need to check this out. As has been mentioned there is just literally nothing else that has been released that is just the full package of all-encompassing exceptional quality. Plot, Graphics (at the time, they still are pretty good with FSO), Plot, Audio, Voice Work, Plot, UI, Immersion, Scale. Pretty much anything you can think of is loving amazing.

Also watching that video reminded me of my worst fear in video-games. *Wsssssshhh Fsssshhhh Wsssshhhh Fssssshhhhhh* The sound of anti-fighter beams *shudders*.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
So here's something that looks kind of hilariously awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HpaWcDX0f4&feature=related

Almost like the opening cinematic except more *farts in 3 cruisers*.

Still kind of amazing thought, I'll probably play it :v:

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Can we compile a list of the good mod campaigns in the OP? And/or the voiced ones?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Milky Moor posted:

I'm currently working on one. It'll have mission length (approximate as I know some people never like getting the exact length), new features and an overall idea of what it is as spoiler-free as possible. Should I include overall pros and cons?

I played through Windmills for the first time last night. That's another campaign that people should definitely check out. An RTS game in the FS2 engine would be pretty sweet.

For my part, I think a pros and cons addition would be not really worth the effort. Basically just the minimum information the better, letting the reader decide if its worth the time or not; brief brief brief idea of what its all about, making sure it's not terrible (quality would be subjective but generally if something is terrible its universally terrible), whether or not its got voice acting and I guess whatever other bare information people need to decide if they want to try it or not (like length, maybe features that make it unique).

Also for some reason I've always found this game ridiculously difficult with a joystick and I tend to use a keyboard and mouse instead. Not sure why.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Milky Moor posted:

I don't really remember any truly bad FS2 campaigns that I've played. Sure, maybe back when it was all posted on the Volition Watch boards but now, with the HLP forums, the quality generally seems to be quite high. I think we should only list campaigns that are SCP compatible or, at the least, make sure it's clear which ones may not work with the latest builds (like Sol: A History). I'm only going to be able to do about half a dozen at first but that'll include Blue Planet 1 and 2, Transcend and Sync, Windmills, Just Another Day, Deus Ex Machina and Vassago's Dirge. What about mods like The Babylon Project, Wing Commander: Saga and Beyond the Red Line?

How about something like this?

And maybe throw a link to the download page/location in the bold text?

Looks good. I guess if they need to be downloaded that would work too, but most of them are included in FSO yes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

SERPUS posted:

Is this game mission based or a total sandbox?

Mission based.

• Locked thread