Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Half husky, half American Akita, 2 years old.

I am not fond of small dogs because I might trip or tread on them. The tradeoff is losing at least 1/3rd of bed space, and his endearing habit of climbing on top of me then flopping down for a cuddle. Because we knew he'd be relatively big and also quite cheeky, we nipped any aggression in the bud when he was a puppy - the result is dogs with small dog syndrome sometimes pick on him without reprisal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

ILL Machina posted:

Does he sing like a husky or an akita?

Very regrettably not!

Our malamute/collie cross before him sung plenty and was very vocal, we loved it. This boy does not - he'll huff and he'll bark when guarding, he'll also howl in his sleep, but not whilst he's awake. We've managed to get him to howl by playing audio of other dogs howling and joining in ourselves. Our neigbours must have thought we were mad.

Oh and he loving HATES one of my grandmothers, for no good reason. He doesn't want us to be around her, he'll growl and bark. She's just a little old lady. He's only met her a couple of times, never had a bad experience with her.

Sir Sidney Poitier fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Jan 7, 2022

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Not that I've noticed, and knowing her I think it's unlikely. She's a small lady who lives in a very rural place, might smell of chickens and livestock, and it's possible that some of us are a bit on edge in terms of our demeanour. He seems to think we need to be protected from her and my partner suggested that he's just saying what everyone's thinking. She seems to assume he's generally like this and we've not had the heart to tell her that of the hundreds of people he's met and loved, she's the only one he's ever had a problem with.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

He was afraid of the wind in the night so wanted to sleep on our bed, which is only a regular double and not king size. It wasn't convenient, but I couldn't say no.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Being this is the thread for enjoyers of big dogs, have any of you ever wished there was some sort of baby bjorn for big dogs? I definitely haven't wished I could carry mine around like a backbreakingly large infant but sometimes I have.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Dog on a rock.

Same dog, same rock, 2 years ago.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Apparently a delightful place for murdering people.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Big dog owners - I have a problem that I didn't foresee. Since moving to a house with a reasonable garden, there is now enough room for my 45KG husky/akita to get the zoomies. The problem with this is that if the ground is at all wet, when he corners he does so with enough force to tear up chunks of turf and send them flying. The result is that I've now got loads of small mud patches in my lawn.

What the hell can I do?

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Christmas dogs.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

It was my dog's birthday yesterday.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Dog likes to sit on wife's lap.

COOKIE DELIGHT posted:

Yesterday, full-on derpy gaze while I stacked sticks on her:

This is an amazing turnaround, great work.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Also a heterochromic husky cross, albeit sectoral: